Residential fridge only works when inverter is on

Possum51

Went to the storage lot to plug in the power so the fridge would get cold before we left tomorrow. It always comes on right away when we plug it in but today it wouldn’t come on until I turned the inverter on. Pat has checked the fuses and everything looks fine. It seems like it’s not getting the electricity to run. Does anyone have any suggestions what to look for? Thanks a lot!

Elaine Poole

danemayer

Check for a tripped circuit breaker. If not that, maybe a problem with the small transfer switch that's dedicated to the fridge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Went to the storage lot to plug in the power so the fridge would get cold before we left tomorrow. It always comes on right away when we plug it in but today it wouldn’t come on until I turned the inverter on. Pat has checked the fuses and everything looks fine. It seems like it’s not getting the electricity to run. Does anyone have any suggestions what to look for? Thanks a lot!

Elaine Poole
Not sure what kind of inverter you have? But if it doesn't happen to have pass through technology it would have to be on. Or as Dane stated a breaker.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Pavingguy

I am having the same issue. 2017 4115. Breaker is not triped, everything else I have checked works even plugged refrigerator into another outlet and it work but will not work off of shore power at the fridge plug only runs off of inverter. Any ideas? Thanks

danemayer

I am having the same issue. 2017 4115. Breaker is not triped, everything else I have checked works even plugged refrigerator into another outlet and it work but will not work off of shore power at the fridge plug only runs off of inverter. Any ideas? Thanks
You have a small transfer switch dedicated to the refrigerator. One input is the inverter. The other is shore power coming through a circuit breaker in the main panel. What you are describing is the transfer switch not getting power, or not switching over to shore power.

See the Residential Refrigerator guide for component identification and diagnostics.

Pavingguy

You have a small transfer switch dedicated to the refrigerator. One input is the inverter. The other is shore power coming through a circuit breaker in the main panel. What you are describing is the transfer switch not getting power, or not switching over to shore power.

See the Residential Refrigerator guide for component identification and diagnostics.

I can turn refrigerator off with the transfer switch but it doesn’t switch to 110. I manually turned off the inverter and fridge still doesn’t work off of 110. Would the switch still be the cause?

danemayer

I can turn refrigerator off with the transfer switch but it doesn’t switch to 110. I manually turned off the inverter and fridge still doesn’t work off of 110. Would the switch still be the cause?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I can turn refrigerator off with the transfer switch" because I don't think the transfer switch has any on/off.

If you turn the inverter off and the refrigerator stops running, either there is no power getting TO the transfer switch, or there's a problem with the switch.

david-steph2018

The transfer switch to our fridge just got replaced. It went out. I found one on e-bay for $75.00 and received it in 3 days. I asked the dealer and they wanted around $125.00 for it, but did not have one on hand either.

Try to get a voltage reading from your inverter and the transfer switch. If your transfer is the black one with the special connectors it takes less than 5 minutes to change out. I had 2 mounting screws for the switch and 3 more to hold the wire loom in place. If you can post a pic of the switch.

Just for fun I went ahead and priced an inverter from the dealer, $750.00.

Here is a pic of the model we have in our Road Warrior:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGNUM-CSW-TS15-TRANSFER-SWITCH-15-AMP-FREE-SHIPPING/254172822880?hash=item3b2de17d60:g:yHQAAOSwCR9clC34:sc:USPSPriority!45373!US!-1[/FONT]