Removed by OP

danemayer

I'm not sure anyone has ever seen an electrical schematic/drawing from Heartland. And if they gave you one, there's no guarantee that manufacturing placed everything as shown in the diagram.

For info on the residential refrigerator power, consult our owner-written Residential Refrigerator user guide. There's a block diagram with some photos that'll help.

The water heater relay that provides 120V to the heating element is likely in a junction box on your 2018. The junction box is located on the front inside corner of the water heater. But depending on when your trailer was built, the relay might be found in a junction box behind a panel near your entry door. The ceiling fan relay would also likely be in the junction box near the entry door.

On a 2018, the thermostat wires likely go to the roof and fire a relay there. On earlier production, where there was a large air return in the ceiling, mid-ship, it would be in a gray box above the air return.

You might find our owner-written Electrical Guide helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

When the neutral opens, voltage on one leg can drop way below 120V and the other leg can go way high toward 240V. It wouldn't be surprising to see 40V and 200V with an open neutral.

40V supplied to an A/C unit can damage the motor. 200V supplied to an A/C unit, fireplace, and anything else with electronic boards, can fry them. Sometimes damage is marginal and the device may fail at a later date.

If all the failing devices are on the same power leg as the Power Converter, I would look for damaged wires/connections. Have you pulled the main circuit breaker panel to inspect for damage on back side? If you have a transfer switch (part of Generator Prep), you could also have damage there. Inspect with power disconnected, including unplugging the Power Converter.

NYSUPstater

2 things that I can think of. I'm about as knowledgable on electrical things as I am on computers!!!!

1. Locations:

-- In with all breakers/fuses inside coach
-- In front compartment
-- Only 2 places I know of at least w/ our '18 BC

2. Power protection

-- Highly suggest a PI 50amp EMS, either hard wired or pedestal w/ HD locked cable.

Good luck and keep us updated.

mlpeloquin

Had a loose neutral and one almost loose 120V 50A connection in the power reel. Latent failures happened do to over under voltage stress happened six months later. Living room TV, microwave/convection oven, and fireplace that I fixed. So keep an eye on your stuff. Electrical failures don't always happen at the time they occur. My first symptom was a power peg breaker tripping when two AC's turned on with TV, and microwave being used at the same time with the temps at 112 degrees in Needles, CA. The external Surge Guard did not trip have a error because it was upstream of the problem. Installed an internal Progressive when I found the cause. Internal surge/voltage protection should be standard equipment.