Great experience and welcomed help

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
So I want to share my recent experiences with all and thank all of those involved.

As some of you already may be aware, Best Buy Rv’s recently closed their doors. This was a wonderful dealership with a great group of people most of whom I came to know one way or another. With their closing went my opportunity to get quality workmanship and warranty issues resolved if need be on our Landmark. When we took delivery of our unit we did the PDI and we had some initial issues. Most of them were either dealt with right away or put on a list to be dealt with at the end of the camping season. As always Best Buy was ready to take care of us. Some time in August they called to let me know that all items are in and ready to be replaced or installed. Because I was bull-headed I wanted to continue to wait till the season was over and take care of all that then. Well as it goes, they went out of business and therefore also left us without some documentation as to what left over PDI issues were still in need of being dealt with. In their efforts to please me, the customer, apparently they were dealing with some of the issues as a dealership issue and not necessarily a Heartland issue. Since I did not realize this, it caused further problems when it came to finally dealing with any left over PDI items and current warranty items when contacted RV Capital Service Center. I bring this up so that the rest of you can be enlightened as I was.

Well when it came time to go over my list of left over PDI items and other warranty items that surfaced over the camping season with Brian at Rv Capital, we ran into a small snag. In his efforts to deal with one of my claims he was told that it would not be covered as it was a cosmetic issue and there was no documentation of the incident from the PDI. This was confusing to be because months earlier Best Buy told me they had the pieces to swap out for me. Well when I talked with Heartland reps I come to find out that Best Buy did not document this particular issue therefore Heartland would not cover it. On top of that they had my signature on the PDI form that showed I OK’d the item in question. Shame on me. Well I guess this is where a dealership that takes care of their customer is really great to have---until they go out of business. I am not here to point finger or lay blame, I just want everybody else to know that things happen in passing and that poor documentation doesn’t help. OK—done with that.

Even with all this small turbulence Brian and his crew did a great job. They were very professional, courteous and outgoing. Because of the 4 hour drive that I had to do, Brian was kind enough to let me meet him on a Saturday morning to pickup our coach. He went out of his way to help us out and I am very grateful. I would recommend RV Capital Service Center to all. I also need thank Jim B., Coley, Jim Fenner and others at Heartland for all the support and efforts in getting my issues dealt with.

While up there in Elkhart, my brother-in-law came up with me so we could try to find some items for his “new to him” camper he purchased from craigslist this summer. We went to Rv Surplus and RV Salvage on Bristol. What cool places they are. If you like to tinker or whatever, these are really neat places to visit. Anything and everything RV.

Thanks for listening,