Bc 3500rl

PacMan4x4

Howdy folks....

Been lurkin' for a while on these forums and now it's time to start asking questions. By the way, the site has been great for feedback on Heartland products as I'm currently in the market for a 5er. I am going back and forth between the 3300RL and the 3500RL due to GVWR and length. The 3500RL would be my first choice on layout mainly for the kitchen, but has a GVWR of 15,500 according to the brochure I received and the 3300RL is 14,000. Now, my problem arises from a visit to a dealer this morning where I looked that the weight sticker on side of a '09 BC 3500RL and it says on the sticker that the GVWR is 14,000. The tires on this unit are the G-rated and I can only assume that is has the 7000lb axles that are advertised in the brochure, but dealer wasn't much help in that aspect. I wanted clarification on what axles were on the trailer and wasn't getting the answer I was looking for...got told a couple of times that GVWR doesn't matter as much as dry weight and what will be loaed in the trailer. I ensured them that GVWR was a concern for me as I may some day load that thing up to it's max weight and still want to be within limits of my trailer and tow vehicle. I'm looking at the GVWR carefully as I don't want to go above my GCWR -- my tow vehicle is an '08 Dodge QC long bed DRW with 6.7 Cummins and 6 speed auto. Any input about the difference between brochure and sticker on the unit.....thanks in advance for your input.

Pac Man

Shadowchek

The brochure I believe is without options.every option adds weight. We have a Bighorn 3400rl which is like the 3300 living room and kitchen With the 3500 bedroom.
We love it and find the kitchen is very functional and open feeling. you also get more space in the living room. I love the kitchen in the 3500rl it is just like the Bighorn 3670. The kitchens in those are very nice they are harder to load with slides in. A little more cramped feeling a couple of feet longer and a lot heavier. Very nice though.You could tow it. people do it without any problems. you will be over on your weights. If your not comfortable with that get the 3300rl or check out a Bighorn 3400rl.

Greg

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
PacMan4X4 - ask someone at the dealership to crawl under the 5er. Each axle has a tag that will tell whether or not it is a 6,000# or a 7,000# axle.

bill40

PacMan,
We have a 09 BC 3500RL with 7000 axles and G rated tires. Our sticker also 15500 on it. We pull with a 05 CC DRW Duramax. On the scales we are at 22465. I do not carry more than 10 gals. of water we we are on the road. I have not had any problems pulling the unit at all. I don't think your truck would have any problems. Some of the people we travel with are pulling triple axle units with your same rig. You could go with either the BH or the BC without any problem.
Bill

cmart

On my 08 3055RL the axle rating is stamped on the center of the axles and the wheel max pressure is on the inside rims of the tires. By the way with all my stuff in the camper, propane tanks full, empty gray and black water tanks, and 1/3 of a tank of water, it weighs in at almost exactly 13,000 lbs.