Leaf spring bracket damage the fresh water tank

Has anyone hit a pot hole causing the leaf spring bracket to puncture fresh water tank or something link e to it? It is a 2020 prowler 250BH. Began leaking right over the bracket right after. Doubt they will want to cover it under warranty. Is it an expensive fix, or something anyone has attempted on their own?

danemayer

Hi Saleenqueen29,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear about the damage - must have been quite a pothole. I hate to add bad news, but you probably need to have the axle checked to make sure the spindle didn't get bent.

To verify that it was the fresh tank getting punctured, try opening the fresh tank drain to see how much water comes out. Sometimes if you drive through rain, water can accumulate above the coroplast. If the coroplast was punctured, that would let the rain water drain.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

If it is a small puncture and not a crack, it might be small enough to drill out and use a new level sensor to plug it. Cheep fix.

I am positive the fresh water tank got punctured, i wish it was rain. It was pouring out. I hope once we get in there we can repair the tank! I do not suspect any spindle damage thank god. Thank you so much for the advice!!

Re: Leaf spring bracket damage the forest water tank

Hi Saleenqueen29,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear about the damage - must have been quite a pothole. I hate to add bad news, but you probably need to have the axle checked to make sure the spindle didn't get bent.

To verify that it was the fresh tank getting punctured, try opening the fresh tank drain to see how much water comes out. Sometimes if you drive through rain, water can accumulate above the coroplast. If the coroplast was punctured, that would let the rain water drain.

Unfortunately it was not rain. I could see the hole in the underbelly. Fortunately it does not appear to have damage the spindle

If it is a small puncture and not a crack, it might be small enough to drill out and use a new level sensor to plug it. Cheep fix.

Thanks for that! I will look into doing that. Got to get underneath the belly and see how bad! But I know because I saw underneath where the water was flowing

carl.swoyer

Has anyone hit a pot hole causing the leaf spring bracket to puncture fresh water tank or something link e to it? It is a 2020 prowler 250BH. Began leaking right over the bracket right after. Doubt they will want to cover it under warranty. Is it an expensive fix, or something anyone has attempted on their own?
There's are over flows up above. There's a small hole in the frame and a plastic elbow. Possibly the source. If you don't have an extension hose on the elbow it could spill into the belly. Mine had no extended hose, once I put them on the the elbow no more water in the belly. Just a possibility?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

wdk450

Websearch "RV tank repair". You will come up with a LOT of solutions (tapes, epoxies, etc.) but ALL are listed not for use with freshwater tanks (just holding tanks). Nobody has made any repair solutions that meet the EPA water purity requirements for chemical exposure to freshwater supplies. To me, you are dealing with a very small repair area, a very small contact area with your water tank supply; versus all of the labor, disassembly, tank procurement, involved in changing out a tank. Your choice.