General question for T-333

Limited12

Going thru everything, i can not find the max weight for the toy hauler section, the door is rated for 3,000 lbs so i am assuming this would be the same for the toy hauler, any clarification would be appreciated.
Also the. Tourqe comes with a sewer hose holder but it is so small i can not even fit a 10’ section of hose in it, any ideas for another type and mounting under the trailer, I haven’t found a spot yet.

Thanks in advance for your help

danemayer

Hi Limited12,

You've got about 4,000 lbs of carrying capacity according to the specs. But until you get an actual weight on the trailer, loaded with your gear, water, propane, gas, etc. you won't know how much of the carrying capacity is left over for toys. Water weighs about 8 lbs/gallon and gasoline a little less if I remember correctly. It won't be hard to add 1,500-2,000 lbs. to the trailer before you add your toys.

On the sewer hose, they generally compress to a smaller length and easily store in a fairly short space.

Limited12

One more question, i had a electrician install a 50 amp plug so i can keep power on when i need it, i have a battery disconnect switch, with it plugged in to the house meter should i turn it back on to keep the battery charged, also i did buy a surge protector for campgrounds, the dealership said didn’t need the surge protector at the house since it is on a breaker system thoughts?

danemayer

One more question, i had a electrician install a 50 amp plug so i can keep power on when i need it, i have a battery disconnect switch, with it plugged in to the house meter should i turn it back on to keep the battery charged, also i did buy a surge protector for campgrounds, the dealership said didn’t need the surge protector at the house since it is on a breaker system thoughts?

Yes leave the battery disconnect switch ON so it gets charged. The Power Converter is smart and will adjust output to keep the battery in good condition.

Your house breaker system doesn't protect you from anything except overloading circuits via a short, or by plugging too many things in. It does nothing for external problems. So yes, you should plug in the surge protector. Hopefully you have an EMS with surge protection ($300-400) and not just a surge protector ($100-150). The EMS protects against many other more common situations that can arise.

Btw, electricians are pretty dumb when it comes to RVs and receptacles for RVs. Someone else just found their licensed electrician wired the 50 amp receptacle incorrectly. So if the EMS says there's a problem, don't depend on the electrician having done a good job.