Fold down bike rack???

Hello,

I am new to the forum so please bear with me. I am the proud owner of a new Pioneer BH270. My family loves the unit but we are perplexed by the fold down bike rack. Looking at the rack, it is simply a fold down tray with no upright post or provision for an upright post. What is the proper method to secure bicycles to it? I see no language in the owners manual that refers to the rack or gives any instruction regarding it. The only reference I remember seeing about it was in the promotional brochure advertising its existence as a selling feature. When questioned about it, the salesman was at a loss to suggest anything. I would have thought those guys would have a solution in their hip pocket to add onto the deal as an extra.

Does anyone have any practical advice or ideas to make it useful for bikes? In my opinion, it appears to be better suited for transporting large coolers and fold down camp furniture.

John

danemayer

Hi Jswhitesel,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully another Pioneer owner has figured it out and will chime in with a solution.