Portable AC

Sleblanc

Has anyone used or have set up a portable AC in the garage space of their Torque? We know we would have to run the unit on its own line using an extension cord but was wondering about venting options. We cannot vent thru the window because the bed comes down right below the two windows in the garage. We were thinking about using the existing vent right inside the back door but we are not sure if that would work. Just looking for ideas and was wondering if anyone else did this. Thanks!

CarterKraft

Has anyone used or have set up a portable AC in the garage space of their Torque? We know we would have to run the unit on its own line using an extension cord but was wondering about venting options. We cannot vent thru the window because the bed comes down right below the two windows in the garage. We were thinking about using the existing vent right inside the back door but we are not sure if that would work. Just looking for ideas and was wondering if anyone else did this. Thanks!

I have been tempted to try this but there are some requirements for me.

Make sure it it is a 2 hose unit. One hose for condenser intake 1 for exhaust. I would not want any questionable venting or mounting. It needs to be secure and the vents installed somewhat permanently. I was going to use the dryer vent fittings that the cyclones/landmarks etc. use. I thought about using the forward garage wall fumes vent as the exhaust but I found we can get by just fine in the summer with one 15k unit.

Really I didn't think we could only have 1 unit but after doing the TimK tent in the vent mod the performance is so much better it hasn't been a problem.

LBR

There are several threads here to search out for adding a garage AC...a popular concept is to run a separate plugin from a stand-alone AC to the 15/20A pedestal plugin.

lynndiwagoner

I had one in the slide out on my old Hitchhiker. I vented it straight down through the floor and it worked great. A lot of folks say you need outside air but I never found that to be a problem. It worked great. I did run it off of a seperate cord because the Hitchhiker was only 30A.