Fresh water pump.

Is it normal for the fresh water pump to actuate of a second every few hours or less? Ours keeps turning on just for less than a second.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDN

B and B
Is it normal for the fresh water pump to actuate of a second every few hours or less? Ours keeps turning on just for less than a second.

Hello,

Couple be a couple things.

Check Valve in pump is bad, I have a new one to replace mine that is bad

The city water connection had a check valve in the middle, press to reseat it.

Ice maker in fridge if equipped

Hot water facet connections leaking, if water is hot enough it just evaporates. I had to tighten all facets and shower on my Landmark, multiple time

Water Heater high pressure valve leaking

Outdoor shower valves turned on but shower valve closed, erasure imbalance in system

Washer connections if equipped

Connections on Water Heater

Brian

sengli

The most obvious answer would be no. The water system is set up to a closed loop, unless the pressure is escaping via a small leak its not supposed to have to run.

I have gone thru our rig with a fine tooth comb and sometimes, intermittently our water pump will run as you mentioned for a moment only. If your is doing it regularly, you might have a leak somewhere. Keep in mind it can be a small leak, but that will do it.

Thank you all for the help. It was a small and I mean Small Leak at the kitchen sink. It was the the fitting with a tiny pin whole that leaked so slowly that it did not leave a puddle. I had to lay under the sink for an hour with a camera to find the bubble.
Thank you again. Every one stay safe and healthy.
Michael Powers