Potential dead battery

NYSUPstater

Our coach has been at body shop since May 30th for some nosecone damage. I left them a key for front compartment as I told them the battery will probly go dead and they just use a truck to move trailers around, so charged battery is a must. They are supposed to have it done by this coming Monday...but don't think they have touched it cuz it hasn't looked like it's moved as I drove by yesterday. Think of picking it up this Fri wether or not it's done, if not they will know I'm PO'd. Anyways, if it's not and battery is dead, will the truck be able to power the hyd pump enough to raise the legs up? Then when home, plug into shore power and between the truck and shore power, nuff juice to lower legs to get truck out, then use 6pt level up?

danemayer

When my battery has been too low, I connected the truck and ran in high idle for 15 minutes. That did the trick.

Even better if you can run jumper cables from truck to trailer. Probably have enough amps thru the thick jumper cables to operate the hydraulics. But unless you have 2 vehicles, it's a long run for most cables.

Lynn1130

If the battery has life and just drained the truck will charge it enough to move the landing gear. If it did like mine did and my 6 volts did the Phoenix sudden death routine nothing will work except new batteries.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've experienced that when leaving the rig at the dealership for service (prior to adding a shut-off switch). They use a fork lift to move rigs and don't need the battery power. When I picked it up, the jacks would not operate, so I hooked the truck to it and they did. Parked it at the storage yard, removed the battery and took it home to charge. That battery was over 9 years old when I finally replaced it this spring.