Replacement Batteries

BarbandFrank

We need to replace our two 12 volt batteries in our Landmark. After some research, we decided that we would like true deep cycle batteries. Does anyone know what brands might work for us? We are full time and we do not boondock.

Thanks.

CDN

B and B
We need to replace our two 12 volt batteries in our Landmark. After some research, we decided that we would like true deep cycle batteries. Does anyone know what brands might work for us? We are full time and we do not boondock.

Thanks.

Hello,

For not much more a pair of Trojan T 105 6 Volt batteries and compatible boxes can be purchased. close to 4 times the capacity of 12 volts batteries also work with your charger. If you want to stay with 12 volt Interstate makes a good deep cycle battery that would work well.

https://www.interstatebatteries.com...=marine&subcategoryKey=&ignorecategoryid=true

Group 27 should fit in stock battery boxes and provide more capacity the group 24. That was my first plan prior to going for 6 Volt Trojan's.

Lynn1130

If you do not boondock you do not need 6 volt batteries. While I used them for many years of boondocking they are really not necessary if you are hooked to shore power most of the time. You can get by on one 12 but if you really want two, I replaced my 6 volts with 12 volt AGMs. I did three for the amps but you do not need that. Sam's club Duracell 27Ms are about as good as any. The advantage to 12 volts and the reason I switched is that if one battery goes you still have the other 12 volt to operate with. With 6 volts if one goes you are dead.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't boondock and am always on shore power at our site...unless there's a power outage. I recently traded in my 9 year old Group 24 battery for an Interstate deep cycle Group 27. Fits in the same box and gives a bit more run time.

BarbandFrank

If you do not boondock you do not need 6 volt batteries. While I used them for many years of boondocking they are really not necessary if you are hooked to shore power most of the time. You can get by on one 12 but if you really want two, I replaced my 6 volts with 12 volt AGMs. I did three for the amps but you do not need that. Sam's club Duracell 27Ms are about as good as any. The advantage to 12 volts and the reason I switched is that if one battery goes you still have the other 12 volt to operate with. With 6 volts if one goes you are dead.

Our needs may be different than yours - with our system demands, we must have two batteries.
Our Landmark came with two basic 12 volt batteries. We want to replace them with true deep cycle batteries rather than hybrid/marine dual purpose batteries. True deep cycle batteries are expressed in terms of amp hours, while hybrid batteries are expressed in wording such as cold cranking amps which refers to engine starting.

What I am really looking for are the brand names of these types of batteries for the purpose of comparison shopping. I believe Lifeline batteries fit this category, but am wondering what other brands are out there.

orion7144

I agree with your opinion if you do not have a residential refrigerator. If you do then I recommend the 6V batteries. I use 4 so if 1 goes bad I still have more AH then most 2x12v setups. If you do use only 2 6v then a good portable battery pack used for jump starting will operate slides etc to get you out of a jam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

What I am really looking for are the brand names of these types of batteries for the purpose of comparison shopping

Google is your friend. With the correct wording you can find about anything you need. In addition most battery shops can give you a list of what you are looking for. Batteries Plus?

Robsterling

I replaced my two batteries with 2 Renogy 12 volt 200 amp hour deep cycle lead acid batteries and I am thrilled with the results!

d15057865b0de4c319d39454db21a540.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

dadnjesse

Thanks.
I replaced my 12 volt batteries in my Big Country with two Trojan T 105's and they fit in the stock battery box, it was tight but they fit.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced the original batteries with two Group 31 AGM batteries, Duracell brand, from Sams Club. No more maintenance needed, don’t have to vent outside the compartment. We did have to get some bigger battery boxes from WalMart, and upgraded to thicker, longer cables so they could connect without drilling any extra holes in the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BarbandFrank

After all our battery research, we decided to replace the 80 amp circuit breaker before buying new batteries. Problem fixed - the new circuit breaker did the trick.

We we will replace the batteries in the not too distant future - but for now, no need to rush. Our research led us to Lifeline batteries.

Thanks to to everyone for their input.

Frank

carl.swoyer

We replaced the original batteries with two Group 31 AGM batteries, Duracell brand, from Sams Club. No more maintenance needed, don’t have to vent outside the compartment. We did have to get some bigger battery boxes from WalMart, and upgraded to thicker, longer cables so they could connect without drilling any extra holes in the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been using Deka group 31 AGM batteries for eleven years. Love them. With my magnum Ms 2812 series inverter charger they can be charged really fast. Great batteries. I removed the factory two battery box and built a new four battery box and mounted the magnum on top of the battery box. This works out well for the magnum as the door already had two vents in it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I want to speak in favor of Deka Group 31 AGM. I have been using these batteries for a long time and am happy with everything. I especially like the way they charge quickly