Georgia

creeper

This past weekend in Stone Mountain, Ga Low temp of 32 degrees.

stonemountain.jpg

2 other Bighorns spotted in the campground.

caokgafamily

Creeper,

We have been to Stone Mountain a couple of times with the kids. I've never been camping there. I hate pulling the camper thru all that traffic. Every time we have been to Stone Mountain we went up Memorial Dr. I felt like I was in a bad neighborhood. I have only lived in Ga for 10 years. I wonder what it was like in the good ole days.

creeper

It's all about timing around Atlanta. You're GONNA hit traffic, it just depends if it's going to be good or a nightmare.

But, Stone Mountain is beautiful.

boxcar1511

Atlanta's not that bad. We have been here for 43 years, traffic is just a state of mind.. If you ever get back to Ga. try Victoria landing campground on lake Altoona. You will be very impressed, all the sights are like having your own yard, plenty of room for a 40' plus rig unlike Stone Mountain .We have camped at Stone Mountain several times it has always been a real pain to get level... not to mention the tight sites and low trees... but we live 10 miles away so its a cheap and easy getaway..It's nice to see another heartland, we have been seeing lots more in the past year..

creeper

Get back too? I live here.....:) Will check out that campground.

ON a number of occasions it took us a couple of hours to get from one side of Atlanta to the other. Not a state a mind , all about timing. Then of course there was that time a helicopter landed on the highway in front of me.