Traveling with pets

Virgil

Need recommendations for a temperature monitor for inside of RV. We travel with our dogs, once we get to our destination we leave the dogs inside with AC on while we site see 3/4 hours at a time. If the AC stops working while we are gone it could be deadly for our pets... Anyone familiar with some type of wifi monitor??

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just posted about this on my thread this morning. We bought this one in the silent auction at the Goshen rally.
I just installed/plugged in the RV PetSafety Monitor
I had a little bit of trouble signing up and registering the product, but I'm sure it was something I was doing wrong.

You can do a monthly fee of $15.00 or a yearly $110.00 or $120.00 l think it was. You can turn your subscription on and off from there Website or the app.
We chose to do the monthly sense we only need it for a few hot summer months a year.

You can set all of you parameters and it will text all of the phone numbers you enter in, and emails also.

I also noticed it will text you if it turns to battery power. So you would also know that the power went out before it even started getting worm in there.

This may not be the best one out there, but so good so far.

We will try it out on our next trip.

Hope this helps
Jerrod.
1b5d45a2afe9f42c0032b678dc1f0378.jpg
fa0c14a5c7120160d095e7c1fc2c9046.jpg
df7bdc67b58c07af8693b49130725001.jpg
187cb58d1fea666d9c90133e47c15a8a.jpg
22df8bb7505202b7dc7bf9c0b2f9ec75.jpg
0ef25c026da5f1a4288a8dc796a846d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Virgil

I just posted about this on my thread this morning. We bought this one in the silent auction at the Goshen rally.
I just installed/plugged in the RV PetSafety Monitor
I had a little bit of trouble signing up and registering the product, but I'm sure it was something I was doing wrong.

You can do a monthly fee of $15.00 or a yearly $110.00 or $120.00 l think it was. You can turn your subscription on and off from there Website or the app.
We chose to do the monthly sense we only need it for a few hot summer months a year.

You can set all of you parameters and it will text all of the phone numbers you enter in, and emails also.

I also noticed it will text you if it turns to battery power. So you would also know that the power went out before it even started getting worm in there.

This may not be the best one out there, but so good so far.

We will try it out on our next trip.

Hope this helps
Jerrod.
1b5d45a2afe9f42c0032b678dc1f0378.jpg
fa0c14a5c7120160d095e7c1fc2c9046.jpg
df7bdc67b58c07af8693b49130725001.jpg
187cb58d1fea666d9c90133e47c15a8a.jpg
22df8bb7505202b7dc7bf9c0b2f9ec75.jpg
0ef25c026da5f1a4288a8dc796a846d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you..

jmarnell

One more vote for the HomeMinder. We have had ours for about 18 months, using it with an AT&T internet hotspot in our Cyclone. I really like the live video feed along with the temperature monitoring with alerts.

LBR

We went a different approach to monitor temperatures, the pets, and any intruders that attempt breaking into our trailer.

Our CY has 7 different temperature sensors to watch on the base display and I decided to go with the Arlo Go...it doesn't require Wifi, just a bar or more of (Verizon) cell service.

Haven't put it to use in the trailer yet as we have it on our property for monitoring intruders, but that is the plan once it isn't required on said property anymore.

Hard to remember the days before electronic gadgets and celll phones in bags...the world is at our fingertips in so many ways!....

2PawsRiver

We have two Verizon Cell Phones and an Ipad with it own data. Use the Ipad as a hot spot and link the Verizon Canary to it. Put a big round Temp gauge that is visible. As long as we have a Verizon signal we are able to check in, see the dogs, check the temp.....kinda plain Jane but it works.

Virgil

We have two Verizon Cell Phones and an Ipad with it own data. Use the Ipad as a hot spot and link the Verizon Canary to it. Put a big round Temp gauge that is visible. As long as we have a Verizon signal we are able to check in, see the dogs, check the temp.....kinda plain Jane but it works.

Thank you, I like this idea...

RottsNScotts

I have put a Marcell Pro in my Cyclone, Verizon model. I am very happy with it! I have the choice to have e mail or phone alerts when things go outside the parameters I set. I am currently using power, temp and humidity. Power and temp go to my phone, humidity to my e mail.

The only thing I wish I could do is turn off alerts for when I KNOW the power is going to go off, i.e., when I unplug from shore power to move the rig!

It does have a monthly charge. I am doing the monthly, which is more expensive, because I will discontinue it this fall until next summer. The annual rate is less expensive if you want to run it all year.

Virgil

I have put a Marcell Pro in my Cyclone, Verizon model. I am very happy with it! I have the choice to have e mail or phone alerts when things go outside the parameters I set. I am currently using power, temp and humidity. Power and temp go to my phone, humidity to my e mail.

The only thing I wish I could do is turn off alerts for when I KNOW the power is going to go off, i.e., when I unplug from shore power to move the rig!

It does have a monthly charge. I am doing the monthly, which is more expensive, because I will discontinue it this fall until next summer. The annual rate is less expensive if you want to run it all year.

Thank you

KyleC

What do you suggest if the campsite doesn't have wifi? Maybe leave a phone(my wife's) with hotspot on, and I then take mine with us? We also go hiking and biking. We are about to head to the beach. Luckily we booked a shade spot!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RottsNScotts

What do you suggest if the campsite doesn't have wifi? Maybe leave a phone(my wife's) with hotspot on, and I then take mine with us? We also go hiking and biking. We are about to head to the beach. Luckily we booked a shade spot!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Marcell Pro can do either cellular - Verizon or ATT - or wifi/email. You choose which alert you want to be sent by which method.

NHCelt

I'll chime in on this....you can also use a blink home security camera. For about $70.00 you get audio, video and temperature monitoring....with temp alarms. It does require wifi....

Daley07

I love this Nimble Temperature Sensor! First, I had trouble setting monitor up, but tech support helped me with that. It has a built-in 4G cellular network that allows me to keep track of temperature and humidity within my rigs in real-time. The product’s built-in rechargeable battery was another intriguing attribute. I was pleased to see this inclusion because it’ll ensure the device remains usable even during power outages. As for its notification process, this cellular pet monitor will send out alerts via text and email whenever the temperature rises or drops below predetermined limits.

Last edited:

karimenoy

Like other people have been suggesting, getting a pet monitor will be the best option. It will make you to be able to keep track of the temperature of the RV.