New owner with a mattress replacement question

Hello everyone! We just purchased a 2013 Heartland Prowler 26PBH today, that unfortunately, reeks of dog. I am going to start a deep clean this week after letting it air out for a few days, but I'm worried about the bunk mattresses. They have been used hard, and it's quite obvious a wet lab has been sleeping on them for some time. I'm thinking I'll have the sofa and dinette steam cleaned, but is it possible to replace the curved bottom double bunk mattress? What options do I have for this? Can someone point me in the right direction? And if you have any tips on pet odor removal... I'll start another thread, and would love to hear your experiences.
Thank you!

danemayer

Hi AJwalksonwater,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got a great group of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get some advice shortly.

Oregon_Camper

Knowing we spend ~1/3 of our day on our mattress sleeping, we went with one that is comfortable on our back/hips/shoulders...not on our wallet.

We changed to a Denver Mattress....BEST decision we made in a long time...this thing is so comfortable.!!!

https://youtu.be/aXxDQJZn_S4

We purchased a Short Queen from Mattress Insider. For the bunks I purchased a King size gel foam from Amazon and cut it down to size was able to do the two bunks.Slid them into twin mattress covers.I think they were 4 or 6 inch The kids don't complain.The gel foam ones can be cut with scissors with no problem.

Brenn

In both of our RV’s we had terrible beds, so we bit the bullet and purchased a Casper mattress. Little expensive but very well worth it. Not only because of the firmness but it has a cooling pad that helps us get through some of theses hot nights.