Entertainment Center

redwing2

Do the 2009 28BHS and 31BHD have the entertainment center instead of the curtain. And when do the 2010's go into production!

kampfirekid

We have a 2009 31BHD, and it has the curtain. We have an early build, so the late 2009's may in fact have the wall with the entertainment center. I'd like the privacy of the "wall", but it was my understanding the doors to the "master bedroom" were still curtains (in the 28BHS).

Last edited:

redwing2

Thanks for the response.We were all set to get the 31 BHD and than I saw the new catalog with the entertainment center and the wife said that's what I want, so I went to the truck scale and weighed the TV and found out that it weighs 6420 and with a GCWR of 12500 this trailer will put us over.So it looks like it will be a 28BHS. Not that it's a bad thing as I wanted this trailer all along. guess it's another hooray for me!!!:D

bobbyg123

Thanks for the response.We were all set to get the 31 BHD and than I saw the new catalog with the entertainment center and the wife said that's what I want, so I went to the truck scale and weighed the TV and found out that it weighs 6420 and with a GCWR of 12500 this trailer will put us over.So it looks like it will be a 28BHS. Not that it's a bad thing as I wanted this trailer all along. guess it's another hooray for me!!!:D

My God, that's a substantial difference. I'm not challenging you on this, but I'm shocked that Heartland would impact the GVWR to that extreme.

A weight of 6420 is an increase of roughly 1200lbs. There must be more to this than the simple addition of an entertainment center. They would have to have raised the GVWR to accommodate the changes.

ssgutt

28 BHS Pics and Info

Here is a picture of the inside of a 2009 28BHS. We ordered a 2010 28 BHS the day before Thansgiving. Here are the changes that I have read about at the following link: http://www.northtrailtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1001&page=3

A) Are the drawers below the queen bed gone with this change?

B) Is the bed now the short 74" length to make room for the wall, or is the 78" mattress length available?

C) Is the cabinet above the bar where the stereo was originally placed now gone, too? I can't tell from the pictures.

D) Where are the light switches now if the cabinet above the bar is gone?

E) How much room is between the foot of the bed and the back of the wall?

F) Has the light and fan above the queen bed been relocated, or deleted?

G) How much room is between the edge of the center wall and the armrest of the couch... seems like a small space... unless the bed is in fact a 74" length.

H) Does the queen bed still lift up for storage?

Thanks, fellow 31BHD owners.A) The drawers are gone.
B) The bed is 74 inches.
C) The cabinet is there and has a door.
D) The light switches are in the same spot on the end of the cabinet.
E) There is about 18 inches of space.
F) The light is still there but no fan.
G) There is 2 feet or more. Have not measured it.
H) Yes the bed still lifts up.

2199614100065703481S425x425Q85.jpg

Electricman

Wow that is a real good looking unit there.None I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE THAT IS THE PIC OF THE INSIDE OF MY 28BHS!!!!!!:eek: Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p