Front Door Leak

John_M

Greetings all! We recently purchased a used 2018 Road Warrior 427 which we love. Recently here in Georgia we’ve gotten a lot of rain and we discovered a leak by the front door. We’ve checked the actual door and it doesn’t seem to be coming from the seals around the door. We can see the water leaking in to the left of the door where the wall and the floor come together by the sink island.
The leak is going under the kitchen counters and flooding all the way over to the oven. It’s not good. Being as we bought it used there is no warranty and I don’t want to caulk the entire side of the rig.
My question is has anyone had a similar issue and what was the fix?
Thanks so much for your time!

John

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi John_M,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear about your leak. The trouble is that water can come in somewhere and take a roundabout pathway to somewhere else, so it can be hard to find the problem area. You can start by inspecting caulking and sealants on the roof, around all the fixtures. Also check sealants around the marker lights, scare lights, and light over the entry door. Also check windows - but the bottom edge is left unsealed so it can drain.

If you can't find anything you might call these guys to see if there's a dealer or repair shop nearby that can do a leak test for you.

david-steph2018

Greetings all! We recently purchased a used 2018 Road Warrior 427 which we love. Recently here in Georgia we’ve gotten a lot of rain and we discovered a leak by the front door. We’ve checked the actual door and it doesn’t seem to be coming from the seals around the door. We can see the water leaking in to the left of the door where the wall and the floor come together by the sink island.
The leak is going under the kitchen counters and flooding all the way over to the oven. It’s not good. Being as we bought it used there is no warranty and I don’t want to caulk the entire side of the rig.

John
Hi guys we have a 2018 427, don't overlook your trash door. Our trash door is located to the left of the entry door, water could be entering there. Make sure the trash door secures good and tight. If I leave the door unsecured after taking the trash out we can feel the heat or cold coming in thru there.

But we had a water leak once and we had the plastic elbow going to the water heater inlet crack and resulted in bad water damage. We had to have the flooring in the kitchen next to the stairs replaced. Double check and make sure it is NOT the water heater.
Any questions you send me a PM.

RickL

John

Had thesame issue in that water pooled by the latch side of the door. I cleaned and rechalked around the door frame. Problem solved. Hopefully it’s that simple for you.

txtinman

I had a leak at my front door on my RW426. I removed the light assembly above the door and re-sealed it. No more leak. YMMV.

david-steph2018

John

You find the leak? If so how did you fix it?

Sniper

If you have a porch light above the door, check it. We had a leak coming in around our front door and the light was the issue. Hope this helps.

Safe travels. :)

Wchapman

John
Hello, yes we had the same thing on our 2017 from day 1--it was coming in from the exterior garbage door and ruined all our cabinets. Emailed heartland as soon as we found out where it was coming from. Nothing---still have ruined base cabinets.