LED interior lights

retiredguy

Has anyone else had trouble with the interior LED Lights. I've replaced one, and two more are going.
You have to change the whole fixture, so it's starting to get expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerryjay11

I've replaced 3 so far and I was able to Google search the lite P/N and purchase 5 for $10 so they aren't that expensive to replace. Don't remember the vendor, but may have likely been ebay.

retiredguy

I've replaced 3 so far and I was able to Google search the lite P/N and purchase 5 for $10 so they aren't that expensive to replace. Don't remember the vendor, but may have likely been ebay.

Must be talking about 2 different lights.... pretty sure you can't get these for $2 each. As mentioned, replacing fixture as Led is soldered in. Easier to upgrade than try and replace something that isn't lasting.

zzz light resized 2.jpg

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've heard that the complete lights are available from Heartland parts for around $14 each. They would be a perfect match and not take any modifications to plug right in. Don't forget your owners club discount.

Alan_B

I needed to replace an LED ceiling light in our Bighorn. I tried Heartland customer service first, but after 2 phone calls I could not get any response. So I bought an identical replacement from eTrailer.

jerryjay11

Must be talking about 2 different lights.... pretty sure you can't get these for $2 each. As mentioned, replacing fixture as Led is soldered in. Easier to upgrade than try and replace something that isn't lasting.

View attachment 62327

Correction...5 for $18.99. They are not available from the same vendor at this price anymore, but do an ebay search and other vendors have them for $3.00 to $5.00 depending on the lot size. I went with these after purchasing another light that was longer, requiring new holes to be drilled. Original lights are much brighter though. ebay search "Lot of 5 : 12v LED RV & Boat Interior Lighting dome ceiling lights" There'll be a Lot of 7, Lot of 20, or individual.
Lot of 5 : 12v LED RV & Boat Interior Lighting dome ceiling lights

Last edited:

wdk450

Something seems wrong here.

"FAQ - LED Life Expectancy. According to the claims from various manufacturers LED lighting has a life expectancy of 20,000 to 50,000 hours. At 8 hours per day this would be approximately 17 years. This is roughly 30 times longer than incandescent bulbs and 5 times longer than compact fluorescents." This is the big reason that the first widescale use of LED 110 volt array lamps was in traffic lights - Labor costs cut DRAMATICALLY in how often traffic signal lamps had to be changed.

Maybe the LEDs were being operated at too high a voltage (wrong sized series voltage dropping resistor?), or if used in a dimmable mode something wrong with the electronic pulse driving circuitry.

danemayer

Short life on LED lights suggests there is a defect of some sort, either in design or manufacture of the light fixtures, or perhaps a bad component. As another thread noted similar problems, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be aware of a general problem and even if out of warranty, might send you some replacement lights.