Bighorn 3580RL vs Carriage 37RE3

rmelder

LSU5000
I have decided on these two units. My wife and I are going Saturday to look them over and make our choice. Could anyone give me some help in making this decision? What would be the plus and minus of each. Thanks.

Ron

boatdoc

To the wife and I, the large back window made one big diff in what we wanted. I don't think any of the REC 5er's offer that great view of the lake or mountains.
The all in one bath, side hallway was another for us. The 3580 is interesting though. It was not out yet when we bought our 3670.
Is the 12CF fridge available in the 3580, you would loose the pantry if it is and will that cause a problem with storage. Our's has the large fridge and we did loose the pantry but with all the storage in the 3670 it was mute.
One other point and it is small also, on the Carriage products we were not happy with the hole left in the floor when the door was closed. This is petty but we did see one elderly lady not used to that style of doorway darn near step out and missed that first step, inside the rig. Check it out, see what you think. BIL has a Carriage and we are devising a way to fill this step when closed, just have not come up with anything yet.
Which ever you choose, have fun.

jbeletti

Hi Ron,

I have the Landmark version (Pinehurst) of the Bighorn 3580. In comparing the floor plans, 2 things stick out as cons for me:

1. In the Carriage, you are having to view the TV at an angle from both the sofa or the recliners. Whereas in the 3580, the TV is across from the sofa. And optionally, once setup at your site, you can swap the sofa and recliners and watch TV directly across the room in the recliners. This is what we do.

2. The bathroom configuration with the Carriage, while nice, and we have many like that, is different than in the 3580. If you desire a commode room that is separate from the rest of the bathroom, then the 3580 is what you want.

Again, these are 2 items I noticed and that are important to perhaps me only. Floor plan is so critical that you are wise by taking your time and carefully considering your lifestyle versus the plans that are out there.

Best of luck to you,

Jim

Heartland Bighorn 3580
3580RL.jpg

Carriage Cameo F37RE3
F37RE3_full.gif

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I've seen both these models, and one thing that wouldn't work for us in the Carriage is that you have to put the bedroom slide out in order to access the bedroom...not so in the 3580. Also can't remember if the carriage can take a stackable W/D in the front closest, but I know the 3580 can...big selling point for us.