Major LP Issues

yrusohi

Well it first started with the crossover valve not working. After being replaced and replacing leaking regulator, found the other side to be leaking. Thought we had it fixed, went out last weekend, major leak from the DS bottle, had to turn off OTD side to stop the leak. Tried to fire the heater, but nothing. Blower came on, and it tried to fire but would not fire. All other lp components are working fine. Dealer has coach again and are really trying to figure things out----hopefully this time it will work. (Just for the record, the guys at HarperTowne RV in MS are performing the repairs and have been very helpful)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for sharing your LP issue. I'm sure your dealer will get things working right and you can have a worry free LP system.

Cyclone Traveler

Make sure the dealer is using a high pressure regulator, usually red, on the driver’s side. If not the second take will continue to blow the diaphragm vent valves each time it’s turned on and will not provide the pressure necessary for the system to work. I had this same issue and once the correct secondary regulator was installed it resolved the issues. It took some convincing and to get the dealer to make the change per Heartland’s recommendation.

yrusohi

Ok, just got the 5ver back. All is well. The driver side regulator was the problem again. Replaced with high pressure (red) and everything is working fine thus far. I really hope it holds this time. A big thanks to Chuck at HarperTowne. He went out of his way to try and fix this by even coming to the campground we were camping, but ended up having to leave the rig at the shop. Oh well, will keep you updated