How can this be ?

Rhino

Hello Everyone:
Well this is a new experience for me. I have been following the forum for about 7 wks. now , waiting for the day to announce that our new Bighorn 3055 has arrived at the dealer. We went to the RV Show at the Abbotsford Tradex Centre just to look. Well look turned into buy. We bought a 2009 model year with the bells and whistles to suit our whims.

Today the dealer called to say it had just arrrived and arrange delivery day (which won't be until Nov.21,2008 because of our work schedules).

Any way back to the "How can this be? " As I said we bought a 2009 well when the dealer called me he said that the model year of the unit we are receiving is a 2010. We are not even into 2009 and they are already manufacturing and shipping 2010's.

Is this a fact or ? Besides the obvious year difference does anyone know what changes were made for the 2010 model year.

Tks....:confused:

boatdoc

That's exactly what happened to us last year this time. Went to look at an 08' and wound up with an 09' and we aren't complaining. The rig has an electric awning, SS sink, rounded corner in B/R, new designed floor. LED exterior lights and several other little things that the "older" model didn't have, all for the same price!!!! Thank you very much Heartland!!!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have also have a problem with the auto industry saying a car/truck was a new year when it was not past June. What is happening is they are going to ignore the model year of a trailer and only use the DOM (Date of Manufacturer). That is what Lippert uses when they work on your RV for warranty when they worked on my trailer.

I wish they would just use the year the trailer comes off the Mfgr line and add a note to the model.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Rino
Congrats on the new 3055 and welcome to the family.
I would like to invite to come to the 2009 BC Heartland Rally in Rock Creek in June. Look at the info under 2009 Rally's

F

FlyinRyan

Congrats on your new 3055. I hope you love your 2010 as much as we love our '09 3055RL. We haven't been able to find a single thing that we don't like. Good luck with your new rig!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Like all the others, congrats on the new 3055. We're getting our '09 3370RL soon, getting rid of the "old" 2007 3055.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Rhino,
I had the exact same thing happen to me for my 2009 Bighorn 3400RE. Ordered a 2008 and saw a 2009 advertized in December. Ordered in Sep 2007, new 2009 started production on Nov 1, 2007, mine delivered Feb 2008. If they are building to order, be happy you are getting the newer year model. Heartland has already altered by 2009 with a 3410RE, which now has a back window and a pop up TV instead of an entertainment center.
First thing is get the MSRP sheet from both years from any dealer, then look at the different options and rig layout. It can only be better, although the layout may be different than expected. Our 2009 added stainless steel sink, laminated floors,electric awning etc. so go google both models, and compare them with different dealers. The 2008 is already depreciated so consider yourself lucky. Unless they have dropped their base price, SWEET!