lights falling

LaNelle

We have a new 2019 Heartland Landmark 365 and the light over the dinnette and the one over the island have both fallen. Anyone else have this problem? Seems there is not enough support in the ceiling to hols them

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

First of all, this should be a warranty repair, and is at least worth a call to Heartland Service for advice.

I have not had the problem of lights falling out of the ceiling on my older rig, but I HAVE HAD stuff like a whole ceiling height cabinet on the kitchen countertop pull away from the wall, and the handrail on the inside steps pull out of the wall. My solution was using these short (1 inch) steel anchors with their screws. They have held up with no problems: metal wall anchor.jpg

danemayer

Sure, we've read about this happening to people from time to time. When our 2011 Landmark was new, the dining light came out of the ceiling. I remounted it, which was pretty easy. I think I used slightly larger screws. It's stayed put ever since.

You can certainly have this fixed under warranty. But if there's no other reason to take the trailer to your dealer, you might have a go at it yourself rather than haul it to the dealer. Best case, they'll screw things back into place while you wait. Worst case, they'll tell you to drop the trailer and come back at some indefinite point in the future.

If you do put them back yourself, if there's a flat surface on the fixture, a strip or two of double-sided tape might be a good idea. Perhaps 1/2" fender tape would assist the screws. Or a little butyl tape.

In any case, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They'll put a note on your computer record that the lights fell down. If the problem comes back after warranty expires, they will be more likely to help out at that time.

jerryjay11

I came across the same issue. To resolve it I used plastic anchored screws. Works like a charm. Now I can pull the light lens for cleaning without the whole fixture coming down.
6948993472340lg.jpg