New RV owner

We have a 2017 Keystone Hideout that i think i need to adjust the weight distribution hitch. When i put the trailer on the hitch on my Expedition, the rear wheel well drops 3". Do i need to raise the hitch on my Expedition, or raise the brackets on the trailer? Thanks in advance for any help.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum. WD hitches are a pain to get set just right... the good news is, when you do get it set, it's set until you change vehicles or trailers. Due to the many different hitches on the market, I would recommend getting on YouTube and watching a few videos on how to set up the hitch. Once you have the hitch set up correctly, the short answer to raising the rear of the vehicle is to move down a link on the chain that hooks to the hitch (on traditional WD hitches). Some might even consider a 3" drop acceptable.

Fox

The most important first question is ... is your Expedition rated to carry this weight on the bumper (with your already loaded cargo)? Go back to Ford and get the correct bumper mount towing specs as it applies to your specific vehicle. Then adjust hitch capacity based upon the cargo you will pre-load into the vehicle (fuel, yourself, bride, kids, pets, food, bikes, beer, mother in law, etc).

And remember, a WDH can be quite heavy - just by itself (mine added 45 pounds to the hitch).

I don't know any of your specs - but it is a common occurrence to overload things because various salesmen state it's OK? Their job is not to educate you but rather sell you something!
Ultimately if you are overloaded then a WDH won't perform magic and make things right.

Now for some more ignorance on my part ... is a Keystone Hideout a true Heartland product? Regardless if it is (or not), enjoy the lifestyle.