Bolt or screw coming up under the vinyl flooring

spruce1.

I have noticed the head of a bolt or screw coming up under the vinyl floor. It is near the center of the floor between the refrigerator and the table in the slide. Right now it is slightly raised and I am afraid if I don't get it fixed, it will come up all the way through the floor. Does anyone have any idea of what this is and how I can fix it. Thanks - Patty

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it was my floor I would get a vinyl flour repair kit (special glue) and a new razor blade.
Cut one slit across the object and pull it out or screw it back in place with an adhesive so it doesn't pop up again.
Put the vinyl back and apply the glue. You can use something hard and flat on it
with a weight of some sort to hold it in place while the glue does it's thing.

Peace
Dave

spruce1.

I will try that. I am going to also call Heartland to see if this is a problem they are aware of. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me!

spruce1.

Called Heartland and they said it was not structural. Yeah!

Did as suggested and cut the floor over the "hump". It turned out it was a screw head. Put construction glue on it and screwed it back down. Then used vinyl flooring glue I got from a flooring guy I knew, Weighed the vinyl down and now you can't even see where the problem was.

We have had very few issues with our Mallard and are glad this was any easy fix.

Will such a solution not lead to difficulties in the future? For example, if you decide to replace the floor or something like that

spruce1.

Will such a solution not lead to difficulties in the future? For example, if you decide to replace the floor or something like that

This was an easy fix as it was just a screw head so the area that was glued down is only about 2 inches square so I don't think there would be an issue if we ever wanted to replace the floor. We can't even see where the repair was done.

CDN

B and B
I did this to my Landmark as well. It did pop through. Cut a round patch and glued it back down.