Heat Duct Covers

jonesj2

Does all of Heartland coachs have plastic floor vent covers with no door to close or open the vent? I replaced my plastic covers yesterday while at the campground and was wondering why not spend the extra 1 to 2 dollars to have directionals installed.

Has anyone else replaced theirs?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The vent in our stool room had a closer on it but the others in the kitchen and living area did not. I have since replace the one in our kitchen and one of the LR vents with metal ones from home depot. I guess if the factory did all of the little $3, $4 or more little things that people find to make our coaches a little nicer, the cost would go up. Most people use these things for the weekends or a week or two at a time so the plastic ones should do fine for them. Since we bought our BH and went full time I have made many changes/improvements over the last couple years. What the heck, it gives me something to do.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim and Ray, just a dumb thought. I wonder if they use plastic vents instead of metal cause metal ones get too hot and burn bare feet? Ever stepped on a hot metal grate or a floor vent. You yell ouch and say bad words.:eek: Bob:D

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
Ray,
Is there some place on this forum that one can go to see the improvements you have made on your Big Horn? Always interested in what others have done to improve their rigs.
<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, on the top of the Portal (Homepage) click on Forum then scroll down to Modifications. You will find a lot of cool ideas. Good luck and post yours when they are complete.
Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Jim and Ray, just a dumb thought. I wonder if they use plastic vents instead of metal cause metal ones get too hot and burn bare feet? Ever stepped on a hot metal grate or a floor vent. You yell ouch and say bad words.:eek: Bob:D
I don't think the metal one's get hot enough to cause problems.They are more resistant to breakage from a heavy foot though.:D

Ray LeTourneau

Ray,
Is there some place on this forum that one can go to see the improvements you have made on your Big Horn? Always interested in what others have done to improve their rigs.
<o>:p</o>:p<o>:p</o>:p
The best place to find the posts of the Mods I've done would be in the Modifications area of the forum. I'll have to make a list in the morning.

geeksrus

I recently had to replace the control board on the Suburban furnace. The technician told me that it had overheated (board had turned yellow). One of the probable causes is that the heat is not leaving the chamber & this can be caused by the vents being blocked.

Right after that, I made sure that the vent in the bathroom was wide open & there wasn't blockage in the others.

Eh!