Fridge removal

Routemaster

How does the side by side Frigidaire in the 365 come out, ours is running all the time, could need looking at.Den.

carl.swoyer

How does the side by side Frigidaire in the 365 come out, ours is running all the time, could need looking at.Den.
What kind of RV do you have.?
If it's running all the time maybe a door seal or air flow issue.
My first guess is that the doors would be taken off.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

There may be a retaining bar or piece of wood over top, and there may be screws/blocks behind the kick plate at bottom. And yes, the doors probably have to be removed to get it out your entry door if that becomes necessary.

Routemaster

What kind of RV do you have.?
If it's running all the time maybe a door seal or air flow issue.
My first guess is that the doors would be taken off.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This a Arlington the fridge is Frigidaire S/S 2years old. Just tried the Dollar bill around the door the seal has some resistance. Were are the hold down bolts/screws?
Den.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see a bar going acros the top of the fridge cant see how it is fixed.How does that grill come out at the bottom maybe I could check for fluff?

wdk450

I hate to tell you this, but often the kitchen slide is completely built as a unit with all appliances outside the main trailer, then installed on the trailer frame during construction. It just may be that you will have to remove the kitchen slide to get the refrigerator out.

I was recently reading other RV forums about removing the ammonia RV type refrigerator, and on some Class A motorhomes they said that they had to remove the front windshield, lay the fridge on its side and get it out that way.

CDN

B and B
I was walking though Home Depot last Saturday. They have a Insignia on the floor that exactly the same as the one in my Landmark Louisville. The doors do come off and it will go out the door. I measure mine prior to purchase. Need several people to put the new one in. One final thought if the fridge is running all the time is the defrost timer stuck on making heat all the time and trying to overcome the heat being made.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Based on my experience of installing a residential fridge, I can with confidence say that most, if not all, counter depth fridges will fit through the RV door. You have to remove the door handles, and on some models, the handle mounting bolts. Took three people to lift out my old fridge and put in the residential Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I was walking though Home Depot last Saturday. They have a Insignia on the floor that exactly the same as the one in my Landmark Louisville. The doors do come off and it will go out the door. I measure mine prior to purchase. Need several people to put the new one in. One final thought if the fridge is running all the time is the defrost timer stuck on making heat all the time and trying to overcome the heat being made.

If my memory serves me, when the fridge goes into the defrost cycle the compressor is cycled off. BTDT

TheSniper

All,
I have 2016 Sundance 3700RLB with the conventional refrigerator. Works just fine. Looking for a suitable Residential refrigerator to replace it with.

My sights are currently set on the Haier https://www.lowes.com/pd/Haier-15-c...-Door-Refrigerator-Stainless-Steel/1000183553
As this is the same unit heartland in placing in the 18/19 models.

Fwiw 12v and or propane is not an issue. my circumstances allow me all the ac power Ill ever need.

Questions are.
1: The current refrigerator. easy removal?
2: The replacement unit. remove the doors etc.. install thru the main side door? tips?
3: any suggs on perhaps another model worthy of a true upgrade.
Thanks all.
Sam