battery tender hook up?

TexasUltra

This is our first trailer with dual 6 volt batteries. When hooking up my battery tender, does it matter if I use the R or L battery as long as I use the + and - of the same battery?

Lynn1130

I am guessing from what you are saying that you have dual batteries and if that is the case, no, the batteries, if they are in good shape will equalize. I have three batteries on a solar trickle charger and all read the same charge when checked.

LBR

I've noticed on our 12V LiPo batteries that if I run them down some (to 60-70%), but don't charge them COMPLETELY back up.....after 7-10 days of doing so, the SOC could be upwards of 3% different between them each.

After they are 100% charged, they will again be exactly the same SOC.

All battery banks can become unequalized unless fully charged now and then.

TexasUltra

I am guessing from what you are saying that you have dual batteries and if that is the case, no, the batteries, if they are in good shape will equalize. I have three batteries on a solar trickle charger and all read the same charge when checked.

I just noticed I made this post is in the wrong place. Moderators please feel free to move it.

The trailer is a brand new 2020 and the batteries were dead a month after picking it up, we used it two nights and placed it in our RV storage unit. I used the disconnect so I'm now researching parasitic drain. I don't think parasitic drain should happen if the disconnect is wired properly.

danemayer

I just noticed I made this post is in the wrong place. Moderators please feel free to move it.

The trailer is a brand new 2020 and the batteries were dead a month after picking it up, we used it two nights and placed it in our RV storage unit. I used the disconnect so I'm now researching parasitic drain. I don't think parasitic drain should happen if the disconnect is wired properly.
The disconnect should be on the heavy red wire coming from the battery positive terminal.

If you have a Residential Refrigerator, you may have 2 cutoffs. One for the general 12V DC system and the other just for the inverter that powers the refrigerator when not connected to shore power.