axle alignment

dbmattern

dmattern
I have noticed a problem with the axle alignment on my 2900MK. There is a 1/2 inch difference in axle spacing from side to side. I am concerned that the rig is not trailing square and may cause premature tire ware. Anyone else have this problem. My dealer says the factory refuses to address this under there warranty program.
dmattern:confused:

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I took my Big Horn to a trailer shop that works on large units and had the allignment checked. I did it for peace of mind because I put new Good Year G614 tires on the unit and did not want any more tire issues. The alignment was fine, and the cost was $65. I feel it was well worth the $65. I would encourage you to call Heartland service, 574-264-8030, and question the rep that services your area about the alignment issue. You can also call Lippert, 866-524-7821.or 574-971-4925, and discuss your concerns with them. A number of postings seem to indicate Lippert is very helpful dealing with owner issues. Good luck.

Uncle Rog

db, your dealer is full of it, my axles were aligned poorly and Lippert went to the shop I use and fixed it on the spot! They might even go to your location?Previously they replaced my entire suspension under warranty. Both of the repairs were done after the one year HL warranty expired. Contact Lippert directly and my guess they will fix you right up. Another note, to determine the condition they will measure the square of the pin box to the front frame points, and from the same points to the axles, git 'er done..........I am impressed with their concern for quality.