Water Tank Re-Fill When Dry Camping

Uncle Rog

Howdy, when we get low on water, because of the position on the water fill, I use a 12v transfer pump to pull from a 15gal jug...........
Some where a while back there was a post. I believe, that explained how to use the on board pump to pull from the power / discharge drain line....
I can't find it.................
It can't be that complicated and would be a lot easier.............
Any help would be appreciated.........

Forrest Fetherolf

Howdy, when we get low on water, because of the position on the water fill, I use a 12v transfer pump to pull from a 15gal jug...........
Some where a while back there was a post. I believe, that explained how to use the on board pump to pull from the power / discharge drain line....
I can't find it.................
It can't be that complicated and would be a lot easier.............
Any help would be appreciated.........

Could it be the winterizing anti-freeze inlet hose behind the storage compartment rear wall?

Forrest

Uncle Rog

Forrest, I have never even thought of winterizing, will that fill the fresh tank, or do you have to modify anything?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Forrest, I have never even thought of winterizing, will that fill the fresh tank, or do you have to modify anything?
Roger, I put a brass male adapter on the drain line under the UDC. Turn the valve in the UDC to route water from the system to the drain and run it into the fresh tank with a short hose. I hope this makes sense. I understood what I was trying to say :rolleyes:.

Uncle Rog

Howdy Ray, I already have a male hose thread on the drain to divert the water away from the rig. If I ran a hose to the fresh fill I would just be pumping water from the tank back into the tank?

Ray LeTourneau

Howdy Ray, I already have a male hose thread on the drain to divert the water away from the rig. If I ran a hose to the fresh fill I would just be pumping water from the tank back into the tank?
I was thinking as if you were using the pump winterizing line and drawing the water from a larger container.

Uncle Rog

OK Ray, I get'cha, I just have to read up this whole winterizing deal. I will check out some of the threads. It is fall and still 90, lots of fires. my little pump works alright but using the on board system would be a lot cleaner and less "stuff" to mess with.
Be good...............

Duramax1

Thanks for the explanation.

On my previous trailer I attached a male hose thread to my external shower hose and this enabled me to attach a regular hose so that I could wash the trailer at the storage lot.

I never thought about using the connection for refilling the water storage tank.

Ray LeTourneau

NOt sure it would work, cause that feeds the faucets and not the fresh water tank. ???
Pulltab, The idea here is to use the winterizing line off of the water pump to suck from a large portable container outside the coach and routing the pump flow into the fresh water fill. This could be coming from the outside shower fixture or the line below the docking center that is valved in the udc. I wish I would have thought about this a couple of seasons ago. It would have saved me a lot of 5 gallon jug trips :eek:.

Pulltab

Thanks Ray, I thought they were thinking just using the pick up line.

I have a separate pump I use specifically to pump from my spare tanks to the holding tank.