Bathroom Lighting Solution

AngCat

I’m looking for a good lighting solution for over the sink in the main bathroom of our 2019 Landmark 365 Newport. The lights are spaced so far from the mirror. Has anybody found a great light for this area? It’s a real shame the sink/mirror area is not illuminated better in such a wonderful bathroom. 😔💡
CCA5138C-B136-41FA-8283-524D4C87A702.jpg

Bogie

You might consider ordering the same light from Heartland and just adding another light in the location you want it. Since the existing light is so close, it shouldn't be too much trouble to fish a wire for the new light from the existing.

NYSUPstater

AngCat,

You only have 1 light above the sink? If so, that's nuts IMO. FWIW, we have 3 above ours, another 1 above toilet and 1 in shower.

Fox

AngCat,

You only have 1 light above the sink? If so, that's nuts IMO. FWIW, we have 3 above ours, another 1 above toilet and 1 in shower.

That sounds similar to ours BUT they cast shadows when trying to shave; my solution is to not shave while camping. Only works for a few days.

carl.swoyer

You might consider ordering the same light from Heartland and just adding another light in the location you want it. Since the existing light is so close, it shouldn't be too much trouble to fish a wire for the new light from the existing.
Bogie,
We just need to make sure that where he's going to cut the hole there's no wires. But your suggestion was my first thought.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Fox

Just the idea of cutting holes and running wires gives me pause; an alternative exists: there are many different styled battery powered LED lights and they'll directly attach to wherever you want them.

Bogie

Bogie,
We just need to make sure that where he's going to cut the hole there's no wires. But your suggestion was my first thought.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Agreed. If his lights are LED like mine, they are surface mount with a 1” hole for the wires to pull through. My approach would be to pull down the existing light and probe the area where he wants the new light (coat hanger or other probing device... possible an endoscope ) to assure an open path. It shouldn’t be too hard to cut a 1” hole without hitting any wiring if you’re careful.

May also be useful to pull down the trim for the antenna adjuster seen in the background. It may yield some useful information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngCat

Well, I showed my husband your responses and he said, “I told you that’s what I plan to do when I have the time to do it.” so I guess you guys validated his plan!😁 In the meantime, I’m tired of hearing him gripe about the lack of light while he’s trying to shave...so, I added this temporary rechargeable light that attaches with suction cups. When he has time to install a more permanent solution, we can just use this in some other area needing more light!image.jpg

danemayer

Well, I showed my husband your responses and he said, “I told you that’s what I plan to do when I have the time to do it.” so I guess you guys validated his plan!😁 In the meantime, I’m tired of hearing him gripe about the lack of light while he’s trying to shave...so, I added this temporary rechargeable light that attaches with suction cups. When he has time to install a more permanent solution, we can just use this in some other area needing more light!View attachment 62662

Well, that's just the way husbands are. If we tell you we're going to do something, it's not like you have to remind us every 6 months. We'll get to it.:p