What is the Red switch on side of sink wall?

artnmel

We are new owners of a Heartland Cyclone 3795LE...We have browsed through many of the manuals,but can not find the answer to this question. What is the red switch that is located on the sink wall used for. Is this a heater switch, or a hot water heater switch, we are not certain of its need or how to use it properly?? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thx

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We are new owners of a Heartland Cyclone 3795LE...We have browsed through many of the manuals,but can not find the answer to this question. What is the red switch that is located on the sink wall used for. Is this a heater switch, or a hot water heater switch, we are not certain of its need or how to use it properly?? Any help would be greatly appreciated... thx

Garbage disposal...definitely garbage disposal.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Can't say for sure cause I don't own a Cyclone but based on other units I have owned I would say it is the switch for the gas water heater.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Could it be the switch to the electric water heater. I also don't know about a Cyclone but in my Bighorn we have a RED SWITCH in the coat area inside the door for the Electric Water heater.

I have never seen a garbage disposal in a Heartland unit. But you never know.
Lefty is getting edgy having to sit in one spot for so long, so don't give any notice to his garbage disposal. He has been around Rufus to long.:D.

jbeletti

artnmel,

I have moved your thread into the Cyclone area where more Cycloners will see hopefully chime in. In the mean time, can you add a picture of this switch?

If the switch is just light a standard residential style toggle-type light switch but with a red lighted handle, I would guess this is to turn on the electric heating element in your water heater. Never turn the switch on unless you know you have water in your water heater tank. Test this by turning on the hot water tap. If water comes out, you have water in the water heater tank. Then and only then, may you turn on the electric heating element for heating the water.

I don't want to dissuade you in any way from using the electric heating element. I'd venture to guess that most people use theirs more than heating the water with propane as most time, nightly rental sites include the cost of electricity.

Do you by chance have the tank heating pads option? I have never seen this done but there is s slight chance this is the switch. It is usually found with all the other switches though.

Jim

bigredtruck

on our 3210, the red switch is for the electric hot water. there is a separate switch to turn on the propane heater.

On our 3795, the red switch is for the electric element in the hot water heater.

The switch for turning the hot water heater on using gas is on the control panel where you check the volume in your water, grey and holding tanks.

davelinde

on our 3210, the red switch is for the electric hot water. there is a separate switch to turn on the propane heater.

On our 3210 this is also for the electric option on the water heater. To use it you make sure there is water in the heater, then open the outside panel and pull the pin on the rocker switch in there and switch the heater "on". Then go inside and switch the heater on with the red switch. Any time you drain your water heater it is advisable to go outside and lock the electric element off again with the rocker switch/cotter pin arrangement.

I'm told that heating an empty tank will burn up the electric element very quickly. So it's a nice safety feature. Why Heartland didn't spring for a label is beyond me... but once you learn what it's for you don't forget or confuse it. So I guess that's moot.

artnmel

-Thanks to everyone for the replies. We have also done some research and it is definitely the "electric" water heater element switch...good to know...We will make our own label so we don't forget...thanks everyone,,,we are having a blast in our cyclone!!!!