Medical Gases trasnport

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That the bottle is secured and the valve is protected from being impacted by any heavy, loose objects. A padded carrying case/bag made for the bottle would generally suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

The only thing I could find online was for commercial transport. Not personal use. Rules may be different in OP's country.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: Medical Gases transport

HERE is the result of a Google search. Hope this answers your question.

carl.swoyer

What are the safety measures to be check when planned to transport Medical Gases?
If you are talking about the oxygen tanks most folks I know secure them so they don't move. I don't believe that there is any regulations for a POV or RV

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: Medical Gases transport

HERE is the result of a Google search. Hope this answers your question.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless you’re transport industry sized tanks, just protect them from rolling around or getting the valve banged up. You don’t need to chain them to a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

1. Care must be taken to prevent cylinder top valve assemblies snapping off due to mechanical shock like falls. An oxygen cylinder has 2250 PSI pressure inside of it, and broken cylinders have become missiles and gone through thick hospital walls, and killed people.

2. If you remember the demonstrations in high school chemistry pure 100% oxygen is a fire accelerant: things (like cigarettes) will burst into flame, small sparks (like in the Apollo astronaut disaster) can light huge flash fires. Things burn pretty well in a regular atmosphere of 21% oxygen - think of how things could burn in 100% oxygen.

2. Other gases like nitrogen, helium, etc. released in quantity can displace the oxygen in a closed room causing human asphyxiation.