Water leak

bigdob24

I’ve got a leak in the underbelly around the water tank.
Was cleaning the tank out and filled it with 45gal till it ran over the overflows and let it set and drained it.Was refilling the tanks and noticed it had 50 gal and nothing out the overflows so shut it off and drained it and put the 15 gal in and drove home.
when parked a drip coming out the underbelly so I cut an X to let it drain and today will drop the belly and see what’s going on.
Wonder what I’ll find?
BD

carl.swoyer

I’ve got a leak in the underbelly around the water tank.
Was cleaning the tank out and filled it with 45gal till it ran over the overflows and let it set and drained it.Was refilling the tanks and noticed it had 50 gal and nothing out the overflows so shut it off and drained it and put the 15 gal in and drove home.
when parked a drip coming out the underbelly so I cut an X to let it drain and today will drop the belly and see what’s going on.
Wonder what I’ll find?
BD
Wet insulation, hehehe.
I just removed my coroplast wet front to rear. Mine was attributed highway damage and monsoon rain water spraying into the hole.
All my insulation is out. Now I'm zippy tying all the factory sloppiness. I'm updating my insulation to r-13 and 1" styrofoam along the I-beam. I'll be using fence wire to cradle the insulation in place.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Wet insulation, hehehe.
I just removed my coroplast wet front to rear. Mine was attributed highway damage and monsoon rain water spraying into the hole.
All my insulation is out. Now I'm zippy tying all the factory sloppiness. I'm updating my insulation to r-30 and 1" styrofoam. I'll be using fence wire to cradle the insulation in place.

Sounds like a good plan. I’ll be doing similar this winter.

carl.swoyer

Semi-hex,
I wouldn't want to wait until then.?
You probably still have water and moisture sitting in the belly and that could potentially cause other issues? Corrosion, mold and rust.

aatauses

IF you think it may be the tank??? mine actually chaffed through where the "L" bracket held it. I would not notice it until the tank was almost filled and then the drip would start. I contacted HL who sold me a new tank and installed it myself with a "cushion" where it is supported by the "L" and no more issues.
al
currently in MT

bigdob24

Just got word that it seems to be water seeping in on the day I traveled in a rain storm, no water system leak.
Going to have to seal up the underbelly around the edges. They took out all the wet let it dry and reinstalled insulation, live and learn .Seems like something should be redesigned to prevent this , sometimes ya have to pull in the rain.
BT

carl.swoyer

A side note,
During the colder day and nights we have confirmed that the floors are no longer cold. My added insolation works better than the factory. Well worth the time.