Bedroom Vent Fan

Haliday

Our 2015 Sundance 277 RL has only a vent in the bedroom. The vent is made by Lippert and has an internal dimension of 13.5” X 13.5”. Is there a replacement vent with a fan that is made for that size?
Next question is how would I get 12 volt power to the fan?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

wdk450

The wiring problems might be a game changer. You might look into small solar panel powered roof vents, but they wouldn't run at night. This might be worth consulting with an RV service professional about.

Bogie

Your vent is a standard size. You should not have any trouble finding a fan for this size. I installed a vent fan with the existing vent assembly on my first Sundance (2011). I don't remember the brand of the fan. Installed a Maxair fan in my current Sundance, but that required removing the entire vent assembly on the roof and installing the new Maxair.

As for the 12 volt power. On my first Sundance, I tapped the power form a nearby ceiling light. As the light had it's own switch, the light could be used independently from the fan.

sengli

On our elkridge, and big horn the spots where there was a standard vent...were pre-wired from the factory for 12 volts. Power wires tucked in the sides somewhere. The powered fans were an option in some cases that werent added.

Haliday

There is only one roof vent in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. There are two 12 v lights in the bedroom ceiling and a switch on the wall. As said the problem will be getting power from the wall switch across the ceiling to the fan.

Gary521

If, for some reason, you can not find 12v power close by in the ceiling, you could always run wiremold from the closest 12v power source. Pull the trim off of your existing fan as 12v power might be there.

Haliday

I have considered the wire mold but that would be the last resort. I just don't like the way it would look on a smooth ceiling.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Different trailer but when I was installing my bedroom vent I ran a wire from the bathroom fan to the site the fan was going. It was a fairly easy fish though I found a much closer wire later on.

garyroee

I have a vent fan is installed on the roof of the RV. It will draw out the air and moisture from inside the vehicle outside. It keeps the air inside the RV fresh and prevents it from getting stale and heavy. It is also great for drawing out the kitchen smells and humidity along with the range hood. That's great!

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

If you have ducted ac possible to get 12vdc from the bathroom fan by running a wire through the hot or cold air return. I just did the same but for my rooftop antenna.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Daley07

I replaced our hybrid travel trailer's OEM bathroom exhaust fan with a Fan Vent, the Fan-Tastic Vent 3-Speed. This fan is strong enough to pull the headboards off the bed, making closing the door much easier. Very quiet on 300 & 600cfm, 55 and 60 dB respectively. 900 cfm at 65 db, a bit bigger, but still not bad. Overall, a great fan at a reasonable price.

Last edited: