Cyclone Fresh Water Drain

TerribleTim68

Hey gang,
I know, my best friend is the search tool. But I've tried using it for days now to no avail. So here's my question. I've got a 2008 Cyclone 4012 and I can NOT find the fresh water drain. The only way I know to drain the fresh water tank is to use the pump and drain it out the LPD of the entire system. Is there not a typical 1/4 turn drain valve somewhere for the fresh water tank? I've crawled all under this thing and the only hoses hanging down from the bottom of this unit are the 3 hoses below the central control panel. All 3 of these hoses are just a hose hanging down, none of them have any sort of shut-off valve. One of these I have determined is clearly the cold water LPD. I still have no clue what the other two are.

To go along with this, I still don't have any clear direction on the valves in the central control panel. I did find this thread -
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/43186-2008-Cyclone-4012-need-help-winterizing
My 2008 Cyclone 4012 UDC looks EXACTLY like RobertV's, so I don't think it is aftermarket. Did anyone ever figure out how this system works? I know the valve on the right is the cold water low point drain valve. You turn it "down" and it drains the system. But I have no clue what the valve on the left does.

danemayer

Tim,

Looking at the coroplast near the axles, on the off-door-side, are there any patches or cuts in the coroplast. Prior owner may have tucked it above the coroplast to help keep it from freezing.

TerribleTim68

Tim,

Looking at the coroplast near the axles, on the off-door-side, are there any patches or cuts in the coroplast. Prior owner may have tucked it above the coroplast to help keep it from freezing.
None that I can find Dane. It all looks like it should, so if he did, he did a really clean job of it.

I did find a black hose that appears to have a cap on the end of it that hangs down right where the large waste drain comes through the coroplast, but honestly I'm scared to pull that cap off for fear of taking a poop shower.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
I don't know if this will help but....on my Cyclone the drain is about 2 feet in front of the axles and in 18" from the side of the trailer on the side opposite the door.

NP_Chief

It should be one of the three hoses hanging down that you mentioned. Like you said, one is the cold water low-point drain. The other two should be hot water low-point drain and fresh water tank drain. The cut-off may have been removed by a previous owner for some reason or under the belly.

TerribleTim68

It should be one of the three hoses hanging down that you mentioned. Like you said, one is the cold water low-point drain. The other two should be hot water low-point drain and fresh water tank drain. The cut-off may have been removed by a previous owner for some reason or under the belly.
Interesting, and it makes sense. I have yet to find a way to drain the hot water though.

NP_Chief

Interesting, and it makes sense. I have yet to find a way to drain the hot water though.

What color are the pipes hanging down? My cold water low-point drain is blue pex pipe and the hot is red pex pipe. I can't remember what color the fresh drain is... I'll look when I get home.

Lynn1130

I realize that not all models of Cyclone are the same but in my case the low point drains are on the door side, just in front of the front door and about 2 feet in. One is red (hot) and one is blue(cold). The fresh tank drain is, as mentioned on the off door side, about a foot in and just in back of the storage/controls door.

Lynn1130

If there are two together and one off by itself someplace that one is the fresh tank. The other two are probably low points.

danemayer

If you have water in the fresh tank, and in the rest of the trailer water system, open a faucet, then open all 3 valves underneath. The fresh tank drain will run for quite a while if you have more than a few gallons in the fresh tank(s).

TerribleTim68

If you have water in the fresh tank, and in the rest of the trailer water system, open a faucet, then open all 3 valves underneath. The fresh tank drain will run for quite a while if you have more than a few gallons in the fresh tank(s).
Dane,
That's the thing tho, the 3 hoses that hang down do not have valves on them. They are just the end of a hose. I do know that one of the valves in the UDC will open the LPD for what I assume is the cold water side. I have no clue what the other valve does, and everyone tells me that it is not stock even though I've seen other 2008 Cyclone 4012s with the exact same valve setup as mine. Sadly, none of those owners know what the other valve does either.