Sofa/Airbed Drawer

geeksrus

The drawer opened while traveling & 1 side came off of the rail. The rail was also bent & some of the rail slide components came apart. Looks like I'll have to get to Home Depot or Lowes to get a replacement rail set.

If you have recommendations regarding:
a) quality rail set which will do a better job in holding the drawer in place when travelling
b) other methods to keep this drawer from opening (we always stuff rubber padding under the drawer but it didn't work this time.

Thanks Eh!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Eh!..:p:p
Like your "geeksrus" . I worked for an Electric Company and was the deskside support for about 15 years. Had my own moonlight business of building and repairing computers.

My drawer under the couch also died. The bottom fell out and came apart. I probably had to much in it. Ours came out a lot while traveling. It had a clip on the top similar to those that keep the cabinet drawers closed.

Rather that get a new drawer or couch I plan to build another drawer that will have 4 rollers, one on each corner, and just slide into the space under the couch. Plan to rebuild the front to use on the new drawer. Will put something to keep it from rolling out while traveling, something like a bolt that will drop down in a small hole or indention in the floor to keep it from opening. That way I can put anything in it I want.

So much for JUST and IDEA..:D

dreamer

airbed/sofa drawer slides

We have not been able to progress to the drawer opening all the time yet. When we received our 09 Sundance the right slide was broken and replaced. We then left for a 3 month trip and were never able to open the drawer. It seems that the left slide is jammed. Fortuneatly we did not need the drawer. The trailer is at the dealer now for some small warranty claims. I will have to investigate the security of the exsisting closing latch when we get the trailer back. In my opinion that drawer will never slide or stay closed properly as built. The drawer is way too wide for its depth. A thought just hit me. In the Sundance 2900 mk there is a strap that you tie around the couch to hold it in place when you travel. That strap would limit the drawer opening to a few inches. The strap is needed much to my surprise to reduce the couch bouncing around!. Our previous trailer did not have one nor was one needed and the trailer did not have Trail air suspension and Fifthairborne king like we put on this one! Those items were supposed to reduce bouncing. I can say the Fifth airborne does but not sure about the Trail air.None

Duramax1

Dreamer

We also have a Sundance 2900MK.

We do not strap the couch down and it has never moved. We also have lamps sitting on the entertainment center and the dresser in the bedroom which have never moved.

I am now thinking about not strapping down the dinette table and chairs as a result of this experience.

We have the stock 5th wheel hitch from Heartland.

I am simply amazed that your couch is moving and the drawer is opening.

jbeletti

My sofa has only moved since I added the furniture moving pads to the bottom of the feet so it would be easier for me to move to the rear cap by myself.

So now, before I travel, I slip some of that non-slip/grippy shelf liner under one of the front feet. Problem solved. Try it :)

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Our coach never came with tie down straps and we have never had anythng move enough that we would want to install the straps. We always thought that is the way the Landmarks came until we went to a rally and noticed other coaches with the tie downs.

geeksrus

The drawer opened while traveling & 1 side came off of the rail. The rail was also bent & some of the rail slide components came apart. Looks like I'll have to get to Home Depot or Lowes to get a replacement rail set.

a) quality rail set which will do a better job in holding the drawer in place when travelling
b) other methods to keep this drawer from opening (we always stuff rubber padding under the drawer but it didn't work this time.

Thanks Eh!

Somehow, my problem seems to have gotten lost. I did not indicate that the sofa move... only that the drawer opened during travel. If you can help with my original questions, it would be appreciated.

Eh!

jbeletti

Sorry geeksrus. Looks like we went a bit "telephone game" on you.

I feel your best bet is to make the call to Flair Interiors today to get their take on this. Perhaps they will accept responsibility for this and help you out.

Jim

Niles

We have the same problem with ours, it comes open all the time. DW has extra blankets and pillows in ours. What she did was recover the little piece of fabric that had it tied from the factory, and just ties it on when we travel. Maybe the factory knew something shipping it to start with.:) I know it's a pain in the backside, however it is a really nice drawer to store stuff in, and handy.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Our Dealer put one of these in the center of our couch drawer. Worked pretty good most of the time. If I were to do it now I would put two one on each side. They hold pretty good.

Push Latch

BC

delwin46

Sofa bed rails

Thanks Eh!
Our drawer came out and the rails both broke. We had only went 150 miles from the dealer. We went back and they ordered new rails and supplied me with straps like for holding down the chairs. They shipped me the rails and with the straps we don't have any trouble.