Winterize the sewer flush

unitedman

We were wondering how to winterize the sewer flush. Is there a way to get antifreeze into the pipes for the sewer flush?

BluegrassMan

Hi Unitedman:
I never thought about that one to winterize. I would guess that the location of the inlet would go "down" to the black tank, hoping gravity would drain it out. I sure hope so anyway.

I'll sit back and copy the mail on this one.

BigBlue

BigBlue
There is an anti-syphon valve in the backwash line so you shouldn't have to winterize it. The water either drains into the black water tank or back out the inlet. If there is any low spot it is pretty small and any freezing would not do damage.
The anti-syphon valve is located behind a panel in the closet by the front door in my Monticello. I don't know where Heartland locates it in other models.

unitedman

The flusher water line lies flat across the basement of the trailer. It's high at the inlet and high at the anti-syphon valve. The only way we can think of putting antifreeze in that line (because it won't drain) is by using the quick connect hose and hooking it to the inlet of the flusher. Anybody have any other suggestions?

BigBlue

BigBlue
The Big Horn must be different than the Monticello. When I disconnect my hose from the flusher connection, I get water draining back out of the connection. It's a fair amount so I don't have much left in the line.

unitedman

When we disconnect the flusher hose no water runs back. That's why we are concerned. On our other fifth wheel the water drained back out.