Battery Disconnect

Oldelevatorman

No, you should have it on all the time unless you’re storing it or doing maintenance on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasFull-Timer

No, you should have it on all the time unless you’re storing it or doing maintenance on them!

Gotcha. We're in our third year of full timing and it's been ON all this time. It's just that, when we went to re-position yesterday, I had to be hooked to the truck's 7-blade connector to raise the landing gear. Also, the truck had to sit idling for like 15 minutes before the gear would lift... so the battery was definitely dead. Just seems random for a deep cycle battery to crap out after 4 years or less when it's been sitting on what is essentially a float charge it's entire life. I dunno :(
Batteries just die, I guess.

Oldelevatorman

4 years is pretty good for a battery. You can have it tested to see if it’s still good or just buy a new one. I’d check everything else in your electrical system and make sure all connections are tight and functioning properly!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You might want to check the manual reset button in the front compartment. If this is tripped your batteries will not charge from shor power. You may have been running off invertor power for some time now and batteries are dead.
3f5698d130e83513e97e4d5d7bb6d8bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DallasFull-Timer

You might want to check the manual reset button in the front compartment. If this is tripped your batteries will not charge from shor power. You may have been running off invertor power for some time now and batteries are dead.
3f5698d130e83513e97e4d5d7bb6d8bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So here are a few angles of the entire battery hookup situation in this Elkridge 38RSRT. Unfortunately I don't see a reset of any sorts, and I've run my finger around every solenoid in the front compartment. I pulled all the red rubber protectors as well. I'm thinking I'd have to remove a wall panel in the pass-through to find the reset button.
IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

danemayer

The 1st two pictures you posted are the dual-polarity trombetta solenoid for the hydraulics pump. Follow the thick center wire back to the row of breakers (covered by red rubber boots) in picture # 3. The reset button is on the breaker with the other thick wire, right next to the one that goes to the hyrdraulics. It's also possible the resettable breaker could be the one with the thick wire coming from the cutoff switch.

In any case, this reset button is teeny-tiny and hard to see. Sometimes it's easier to feel it.