Dropping the belly

Routemaster

Any one have hints and tips on dropping the belly. I have slide out creep also the on board water tank is leaking.
Den.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Use an impact driver to remove/reinstall the bolts. Rather than try to drop the entire cover, some folks have cut a section to access whatever and then use sections of wood across the frame to reattach it and scrim tape along the joint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Hi John.
What I thought if I could find out where thoes cross beams go I could fix the the belly back to that but I would need to know the placements are.
Den.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you remove a few fasteners along one side, you should be able to pull it down enough to get a look inside. Any fasteners towards the center of the bottom are likely driven into cross braces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gfnesbitt

I have a 2017 Oshkosh. I removed the entire under belly. I traveled one day in the pouring rain and when we stopped for the night, water was leaking from around the fresh water holding tank drain. I thought my tank was leaking. I also had an issue with my black tank waste valve and wanted to replace/fix it. When I began to remove the coroplast literally gallons of water dumped out. The fiberglass insulation was like a sponge and most of the insulation was wrapped in a big ball from when the factory installed the wiring and it dragged the insulation. What I discovered was that where the coroplast was cut around the axle/spring brackets left unsealed gaps that allowed water to get in the under belly. I threw out all the insulation (it would have never dried out). I bought new coroplast sheets from a local sign store ($15) each. Replaced the insulation with rigid foam. I was able to use about half of the original coroplast. If you do remove it and plan to reuse it, make sure you cut it as straight as possible along the corogation. Used Gorilla tape on the insulation seams and coroplast seams. Three tubes of black silicon. My under belly is now water tight and totally reinsulated. Oh, the spare tire and mount! I am glad I have never had a flat. I literally had to take the complete spare tire bracket apart to get it off. Everything was rusted.

emery395

Cut access rectangles on 3 sides leaving fourth as hinge then drill small holes and use zip ties to sew it back up

Routemaster

Guys.
I now have the water tank in view tried to fill nothing, I hear water running at the 3way but water tank is not filling. Now would it a busted pipe from the front. Which way does the pipe run down the coach please?Den.

danemayer

Guys.
I now have the water tank in view tried to fill nothing, I hear water running at the 3way but water tank is not filling. Now would it a busted pipe from the front. Which way does the pipe run down the coach please?Den.
Den,

A little more info would help.

1) Is your 4 Way Anderson Valve set to TANK while you try to fill the fresh tank?
2) Is there water leaking out of the underbelly?

The PEX that goes to the fresh tank connects to the 4 Way Anderson Valve and runs close to the off-door side.

If you take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage, near the Universal Docking Center (UDC), you'll have a view of the back side of the 4 Way Anderson Valve.

Attachments

• Anderson 4way valve 5 Sanitize.jpg
    Anderson 4way valve 5 Sanitize.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 24

Routemaster

Hi Dan.
I have the panel down in the front hold the four way valve seems to work up position is letting city water in and 9:00 oclock is for water tank fill. I took the fitting off and checked it and water runs out, this fitting has a blue pipe I think going to the rear of the coach. I am not seeing water dripping out off the belly at this time.Drip drip.JPGThis picture was after we left the dealership in WA on the way back to NM. I had two lights on the control panel. Then no water at 1st stop but a puddle after a 400 mile drive.
Den.

danemayer

The various files from component manufacturers are here.

In addition, we have an owner-written Water Systems Guide in this folder. But it's not specific to any one trailer. Over time, Heartland has produced hundreds of models and floor plans with many variations on location of PEX tubing, drains, tanks, vents, etc.

On trailers with the 4 Way Anderson Valve, because the tank fill uses pressurized water, there are overflow drains that protect the tank from overfilling, which could damage the tank. Unfortunately, as you tow the rig, water sloshes around and it's possible to lose a lot of water from the tank. Many people have experienced this. Some people have added cutoff valves on the drain fittings. But if you forget to open the valves when you arrive at your destination, you could have serious problems.

Routemaster

Hey Dan.
Thanks. I managed to put 2/3rds of water in the tank and no drips yet. The four valve when turning to left I only have to turn it a small amount to work.
I was told that the previous owner never winterized this coach correctly. When they connected the water up for us there was three water leaks 1 the pump cracked 2 fridge valve cracked 3 water filter.
Now I am thinking may be they soaked the insulation and took time to drain out?
Den.

danemayer

Hey Dan.
Thanks. I managed to put 2/3rds of water in the tank and no drips yet. The four valve when turning to left I only have to turn it a small amount to work.
I was told that the previous owner never winterized this coach correctly. When they connected the water up for us there was three water leaks 1 the pump cracked 2 fridge valve cracked 3 water filter.
Now I am thinking may be they soaked the insulation and took time to drain out?
Den.

Wet insulation can stay wet for a long time, but I wouldn't expect it to drip for very long.

The plastic Anderson Valves have been troublesome, and not winterizing could add to the problems with the valve. You might consider getting the all brass replacement. It might save you additional headaches. Here's a link. It's backordered, so if you order now, you might not get it until mid-November.