Staying with the heating questions what do you think about this???

boydk2001

I have been thinking about how to keep the pipes from freezing in our 2900mk. We are not done camping (heading out this weekend) but I am concerned about when we park it during the week. Here in the hill country of Texas we do get cold tempertures at night and sometime during the days throughout winter. I don't want to winterize as the weekend trips are the only times my wife and i get to have adult time.None
So I have been thinking about setting up a ceramic heater in the living room and just leaving it at around 40/50 degrees. Will this be enough to keep the pipes from busting while we are out of the unit during the week? Should i put one in the storage compartment?
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We do the same thing when we're up north. Ceramic heater in the LR on medium and a another in the basement if it gets in the teens. You may have to wrap the fresh water hose to prevent it from freezing. In our BH I remove the panel that accesses the area behind the docking center so the heat can get to that area as well.

boydk2001

Ray,
Thanks for your reply. That confirms what I have been thinking. And i never thought about the access panel in the basement.
Now that we have our Sundance I hate the thought of winterizing it and not being able to tell my wife, "Hey, lets go someplace this weekend."
Just love being able to do that.

Jburks

I have always winterized, but would the two heaters be enough heat to keep everything from freezing all winter? I'm like boydk, I hate to give in to the cold, if we have a few days in the thirties we would like to be gone.

Uncle Rog

I used 2" rigid, foil 2 sided insulation between the joists in the storage area, it keeps the BR a lot warmer, but I think it would isolate the the basement and actually keep it colder..........unless you used the ceramic heater as mentioned.......