Fridgidaire in 2017 Newport

Fulltimers

We have been traveling this summer. Our fridge starts off a 0 on freezer side and 37 degrees on fridge side. We turn on inverter and after 5 hours on the road the fridge side is still at 37 but the freezer is anywhere from 23 to 30 degrees. I tied the doors with the Velcro strip that came with the unit and have not noticed any shifting. This happens most of the time. Maybe one out three times it stays at 0. Anyone experiencing this and/or suggestions of cause.

I appreciate any feedback.

Kerry and Jere Randall:confused::confused::confused:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ours works perfectly on the road or hooked up. If it is not on it will do that same thing. Fridge will hold temp and freezer will rise up in temp.

Do the lights and temp readings stay on when you are on Invertor power the same as they are when plugged in to shore power ??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fulltimers

Ours works perfectly on the road or hooked up. If it is not on it will do that same thing. Fridge will hold temp and freezer will rise up in temp.

Do the lights and temp readings stay on when you are on Invertor power the same as they are when plugged in to shore power ??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The lights stay on showing temps buth plugged in and while traveling.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I suspect the Velcro straps are letting the freezer side open just enough when hitting bumps to let cold air escape. It doesn’t take much for the freezer temp to go up. We use a strap with a metal clip that allows up to pull the doors together tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I'm thinking the same as Gus - warm air intrusion into the freezer compartment.

In general, residential refrigerators cool the freezer compartment and share some of that cold air with the refrigerator compartment.

Oldelevatorman

We cut some short pieces of pool noodle in half long ways and wedge between the handles. Works every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk