Is it worth it?

Trumpet01

Is the six year extended warranty worth the money? $2000 for an additional six years. We will be taking ownership in a couple of days.

Garypowell

You’ Get varying opinions but ours more than paid for itself mainly in A/C’s. A lot depends on who it is with.....I’d post the name of the company for more specific responses.

But:

1. Make sure you know exactly what it covers and if any deductible.
2. Can mobile service techs do the work.
3. Does the company pay the tech on the spot or must you pay then get reimbursed.

And i’d call a mobile tech company or two and see if they will work with XYZ company. If the tech’s like it they are probably a good company to work with.

In the end it is like any insurance plan....it is set up so someone else can make money.

sengli

Definitely read the fine print on the warranty. We bought one on our first big fifth wheel, luckily never used it. There are some threads on here about the flim flam that often comes with some of these warranties not covering things most needed. Quite often is is a dealer up sell, that simply gets them some major profit.

Oregon_Camper

If you're handy...not worth it (in my opinion)

If not handy...then perhaps it is worth it.

I have a 2015 Bighorn and it has never been back to the dealer since the day I drove it off the lot.

Trumpet01

The insurer is Cornerstone. Thanks for the replies. Yes, I’m pretty handy at fixing stuff and I usually don’t get extended warranties but this is a huge expense for us.

MTPockets

We had Cornerstone which we purchased because we were full time... they paid for a new microwave, two dump valve replacement, and an awning motor. For us, it paid back slightly more than it cost. If you’re not full time, I would not buy extended warranty. Full time, it’s a toss up.

2PawsRiver

We initially bought the extended warranty based on the verbal description by our sales person. My biggest concern was warranty against delamination, issues with the slides and issues with the leveling system. Accessories and appliances in the rig are not that expensive, other then the fridge and they have their own warranties......of course all our concerns will be covered.

As we neared the end of our manufacturers warranty, I pulled the extended warranty out to make sure I was familiar with it and how it would cover issues...…………...short answer, didn't cover the issues I was concerned about. Called the salesperson, standard song and dance, refunded money on warranty.

That is my experience.