PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: IL, Chatham - 9/10/2020 to 9/12/2020

Santanilson
09-10-2019, 10:06 AM
9683 Palm Road, Chatham, IL 62629

Hello everyone, Nancy and I are hoping you are all staying safe during this pandemic. I just received a call from Gerry Atkinson informing me that Heartland made a decision to cancel all rally's thru the month of September. With that said, I will call Double J in the morning on 5/19/2020 to let them know about the cancellation and that they may receive a call from each of you to cancel also. If traveling, please stay safe and we hope to see you all when the rally's start back up.

Michael

Update # 2
We have spoken to Double J today and have decided to make the now cancelled Illinois Rally just a camp out for those who still wish to travel. So, with that said, Double J is going to still give us the group discount. Also, there will be no 50/50, no potluck, no prizes just the enjoyment of camping with “Friends”. Please be safe in your travels and look out for one another and thank the Campground owners for their support when making your reservations.

Michael

Venue:
------------------------------

Double J Campground
9683 Palm Road
Chatham, IL 62629
217-483-9998 (tel:217-483-9998)
Doublejcampground.com (http://Doublejcampground.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Golf carts allowed?:
Golf Cart restrictions?:
Golf Cart fees?:

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Register by end of day 8/7/2020
Site fee: $$44.00 per night.

Event Leader: Santanilson(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=43631)

Additional Info:
-----------------------------
Please notify Chapter Leader after making your reservations with the campground

Attendees

1. - Michael and Nancy Nilson Site 100
2. - Jan and Cathy Daniels Site 101
3. - CE and Jackie Miller Site 91
4. - Hi-Viz Bill and Sue Coquillard
5. - Dave and Carleen Belfi Site 102
6. - Steve and Mary Wilson
7. - Larry and Gayle Kuykendall
8. - David and Shelia Stewart
9. - Bill And Rita Sax
10. - Bob Curry and Trevor
11. - Don And Cindy Gilbert
12. - Gerry and Debbie Atkinson
13. - Don and Joanne Kettlewell
14. - Corky and Darlene
15. - Jack and Sharon Thompson
16. -
17. -
18. -
19. -
20. -
21. -
22. -
23. -
24. -
25. -

PALTeam
10-12-2019, 08:14 AM
The PALTeam is reserved; arrive 9-8, depart 9-13; no site # given; HOC #2291. See you then, if not sooner. Safe travels!

Santanilson
10-15-2019, 02:52 AM
The PALTeam is reserved; arrive 9-8, depart 9-13; no site # given; HOC #2291. See you then, if not sooner. Safe travels!

Hello Pam and Lyle;
Thank you for joining us and look forward to another great rally together. Iím sure that we will see you throughout the year, travel safe!

Roadhogs
01-23-2020, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone! We are new to the group and were wondering what to expect at the rally. We are considering attenting this one as it is not terribly far from home. What are good things to bring; plan on; etc. Thank you all so much for your help!!!

Santanilson
01-23-2020, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone! We are new to the group and were wondering what to expect at the rally. We are considering attenting this one as it is not terribly far from home. What are good things to bring; plan on; etc. Thank you all so much for your help!!!

Hello;
Michael here and the rally is in the planning stages at this time with a potluck and light entertainment. We are looking into a tour locally with all the history around Springfield and also a cornhole tournament with prizes and the fellowship of meeting people from around the region. Please feel free to join us and the only thing needed is bring a dish to share for the potluck on Saturday. Please watch the forum for further information as they become available or feel free to reach out to me and thank you for joining the HOC.

Sincerely
Michael

Silverado23
01-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Hello;
Michael here and the rally is in the planning stages at this time with a potluck and light entertainment. We are looking into a tour locally with all the history around Springfield and also a cornhole tournament with prizes and the fellowship of meeting people from around the region. Please feel free to join us and the only thing needed is bring a dish to share for the potluck on Saturday. Please watch the forum for further information as they become available or feel free to reach out to me and thank you for joining the HOC.

Sincerely
Michael
The lincoln museum is really nice but has a price tag.

Group tours are offered.

The lincoln home downtown is free. Group tours may be arranged.

The old Capitol and Capitol buildings have good tours also. May be possible to have group tours and both are free

Santanilson
01-25-2020, 08:44 PM
The lincoln museum is really nice but has a price tag.

Group tours are offered.

The lincoln home downtown is free. Group tours may be arranged.

The old Capitol and Capitol buildings have good tours also. May be possible to have group tours and both are free

Thank you for the information as we have visited both locations in our travels but were always ready to explore it again and will look into a group tour.

Michael

"Hi-Viz" Bill
01-28-2020, 04:24 PM
WooHoo !! :cool::cool: .. "Hi-Viz" & the LW just signed up !!

Arriving Monday, 7-Sep-20 .. Departing Monday, 14-Sep-20 !!

No Site # given !!

:cool::p:angel::angel::):cool:

Santanilson
01-29-2020, 12:34 PM
WooHoo !! :cool::cool: .. "Hi-Viz" & the LW just signed up !!

Arriving Monday, 7-Sep-20 .. Departing Monday, 14-Sep-20 !!

No Site # given !!

:cool::p:angel::angel::):cool:
Hey Bill, Looking forward to seeing you and Sue not only at our rally but also throughout the year. Safe travels this year and see you in Texas!

CoveredWagon
01-30-2020, 08:10 AM
Santa where are you in TX and how,ok,g are you there??

Santanilson
01-30-2020, 10:19 PM
Santa where are you in TX and how,ok,g are you there??

Hello Dave and Carleen;

We are still here in Biloxi MS and will be for about two more months then heading for Jay and Stella's regional rally in Conroe TX. We are hoping that you are in a warm place and out of trouble and hope that we will see you both sometime this year. Were working on our own rally with all the details and hope to be posting the agenda very soon. You both take care and catch up later!

Michael

CoveredWagon
01-31-2020, 08:07 AM
Good morning
We were just wondering if we,might catch up with you and Nancy on our way west this summer, but looks like not. We won't be, leaving FL. where it's nice and warm, until early June. We'll see you for sure at least at your rally. We'll be attending the, midwest rallys starting with WI. and then bouncing from one to another until it's back to FL for what they call winter.

Santanilson
05-18-2020, 08:41 PM

Hello Pam and Lyle;
I am guessing that you have gotten the word on our rally being cancelled and with that said and due to the conditions we will be canceling our reservation also. We hope you are doing ok and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Michael

Santanilson
05-18-2020, 09:26 PM
Hey Bill and Sue;
Just got a call from Gerry informing us that Heartland has pulled the plug on rally's thru the month of September. With that said, I will call Double J to let them know what is going on and also tell them that the attendees may call also. With hope, we will all be together again very soon and this virus will just be a bad dream that were all a part of. Please travel safe and perhaps our paths will cross very soon.

Michael

CoveredWagon
05-19-2020, 08:10 AM
We're still planning on being there if others are going to show.

Dave

"Hi-Viz" Bill
05-19-2020, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=CoveredWagon;638310]We're still planning on being there if others are going to show.

Hey Michael !!

Let's just change to a "camp-out" event ?????????

CoveredWagon
05-19-2020, 03:48 PM
Who else is going?

PALTeam
05-20-2020, 07:10 AM
Yeah!

[QUOTE=CoveredWagon;638310]We're still planning on being there if others are going to show.

Hey Michael !!

Let's just change to a "camp-out" event ?????????

CoveredWagon
06-01-2020, 07:08 AM
I'll be making our reservations today.

CoveredWagon
06-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Dave and Carleen are coming 8 Sept thru 14 Sept, site 102

PALTeam
07-16-2020, 04:27 PM
Sorry, but we have to cancel. Pam's mom turns 90 in September, and the 13th is the only time that works for the celebration. We need to be there early to communicate, coordinate, decorate and several other 'ates'. Bummed, but she's Pam's only mum, so I know you'll understand. Hope you have a good 'un!

Lyle

TXBobcat
08-06-2020, 03:33 PM
I just made a reservation at the park for the 9/7 - 9/13 Leaving on Monday the 14th

See you then...

BC

DCG1986
08-09-2020, 11:39 AM
Hi Michael and Nancy,

We just called and made reservations at the Double J, arriving the 10th and departing the 13th. Looking forward to seeing everyone at your Camp Out. Safe travels to everyone!

Santanilson
08-09-2020, 12:18 PM
I just made a reservation at the park for the 9/7 - 9/13 Leaving on Monday the 14th

See you then...

BC
Looking forward to seeing you and safe travels!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Michael and Nancy,

We just called and made reservations at the Double J, arriving the 10th and departing the 13th. Looking forward to seeing everyone at your Camp Out. Safe travels to everyone!

looks like a great gathering and look forward to seeing you also, safe travels!

TGLBWH
08-15-2020, 11:33 AM
We will be arriving on the 9th until the 14th

Santanilson
08-15-2020, 11:57 AM
We will be arriving on the 9th until the 14th

We are looking forward to seeing you and Debbie!

TXBobcat
09-11-2020, 09:58 PM
For those that may be interested below is a link to my dropbox for the photos I have taken here at the Double J campout. Just click on the Dropbox link...

Dropbox Link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdingjkk9zyuvzr/AADmyjudakbSgiujdq1POUAMa?dl=0)

I am also posting the link on the Heartland RV Owners Group..

BC

BTW.. the photos with all the RED shirts is worn on Friday celebrating Remember Everyone Deployed ... This is to acknowledge all military branches serving those deployed through out the world...

"Hi-Viz" Bill
09-12-2020, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=TXBobcat;643613]For those that may be interested below is a link to my dropbox for the photos I have taken here at the Double J campout. Just click on the Dropbox link...

Dropbox Link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdingjkk9zyuvzr/AADmyjudakbSgiujdq1POUAMa?dl=0)

I am also posting the link on the Heartland RV Owners Group..

BC

.... Bob !!! Thank you so much for all the pictures you have provided for the last 3 campouts ( WI, MI, IL ) .. You done a GREAT job, in preserving some of the Memories we've all had a chance to be a part of over the last month or so !!!!!

Safe Travels!! We'll see you down the road !!!!

Hi-Viz & Susie