Refrigerator

Larry123

Refrigerator questions. How to remove residential fridge. Mine has come.loose and is moving when traveling. 2015 big country

danemayer

Hi Larry123,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sometimes it's helpful to others if you identify your floor plan so they understand more clearly what you're dealing with.

Are you trying to remove the refrigerator from it's normal position, or take it out of the trailer?

LBR

Refrigerator questions. How to remove residential fridge. Mine has come.loose and is moving when traveling. 2015 big country
Unfortunately the factory doesn't seem to secure them for years of our use when full, but secured enough for travel to the dealerships empty. Ours simply had 2 screws into the floor thru the legs and a board across the top.

We have a Hisense with the front 2 legs hanging out in mid air. I built a simple bracket that used those legs as the tie-in point and it screws along the entire width of the refrigerator into the wood. Painted it with offsetting color of Hammered paint....looks nice and is more than fully secured now.

You might look at your situation and see if you could do something similar.

Larry123

Unfortunately the factory doesn't seem to secure them for years of our use when full, but secured enough for travel to the dealerships empty. Ours simply had 2 screws into the floor thru the legs and a board across the top.

We have a Hisense with the front 2 legs hanging out in mid air. I built a simple bracket that used those legs as the tie-in point and it screws along the entire width of the refrigerator into the wood. Painted it with offsetting color of Hammered paint....looks nice and is more than fully secured now.

You might look at your situation and see if you could do something similar.

Thanks for your reply. I found the l brackets and both screws had broken. What a shame . such shoddy work. I have used metal strapping redone the l brackets and also used l brackets above the refer should be secure now.

gwbunt

Mine is anchored the same way on my 2020 Landmark. I checked it and it is already loose. If anyone has came up with a fix a picture would be great.

wdk450

Being from California we have special laws about tying dangerous heavy stuff from falling over in an earthquake. Also, there has been an increasing movement to tie down furniture and appliances that kids might try to climb and tip over (take a look at all the furniture in Ikea). Anyways, I did a websearch on earthquake tie downs for refrigerators. I know tiedowns are REQUIRED for residential water heaters here.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...hUKEwjJtO-kjp7tAhU7FzQIHQhPDF8Q4dUDCA0&uact=5

LBR

Mine is anchored the same way on my 2020 Landmark. I checked it and it is already loose. If anyone has came up with a fix a picture would be great.
I will start a new thread to show my base bracket work-thru photos later today.

wdk450

Getting a better grip in the wall with the screws is a priority in these thin-walled wood RV's. Best of all worlds, of course, is to connect with a wood framing stud with a healthy-sized wood screw (#8 or better). I am a proponent of these metal self screw-in anchors for attaching into sketchy thin wood places supporting a significant load force. I believe that these anchors have a much larger contact area than just the bare screws.
drywall inserts.jpg I have used these on the handrail up the interior steps next to the bathroom, with no problem for years now after the OEM screws failed. I just installed 2 on one of my closet sliding mirror door latches after its 2 OEM screws pulled out of the thin wood sheeting. Because of narrow clearances get the shortest ones you can. I think 1-1/4 inch is the shortest out there.

garyroee

I think when using RV refrigerators, a problem you may encounter is that they do not get enough air circulation inside. This seemingly minor issue could result in the cold air dropping to the bottom, causing food on the upper shelves to spoil more quickly than those at the bottom. So we will need a fan for our refrigerator. Fans inside the refrigerator greatly improve efficiency by circulating the cold air inside the fridge. Is that right?