Shower door problem with Landmark. How to adjust alignment?

l51henryj

Hey-Does anybody have any problems with the shower door on a Landmark radius door. The top won't shut and the botttom is ok. Doesn't seem like I can't adjust it. (The top seems to pop open). Does anybody have any advice?:confused:...besides putting a lock on it.
L51henryj.

jbeletti

Henry,

You can adjust the hinge at the top. I am trying to recall this. I think there are 1 or 2 screws to remove up top, then you can bump the door/hinge to adjust it, then replace the screw(s).

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a similar problem with our Big Horn. Although we have a flat door the mechanics are the same. It seems that a screw that holds the door frame together was loose and allowed that metal frame to be a little wider than the glass. I tightened it and now all is well. So when you look for the adjustment like Jim said, take a look at the door frame as well. You might have a screw loose......er, I mean the door may have a loose screw.
Peace
Dave

Blessed

I had the same problem and no matter how I adjusted the screws I could not make it close right. At the 2007 rally it was one of the items I asked to have fixed. They tried to adjust, but could not. So they took the door off to replace it. Then they found out they could not get another door. So they apologized and put the old door back on. Magically, it closed perfectly. I know this is probably not much help to you, but maybe taking it off and putting it back on will solve your problem.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have had the same problem on our Landmark. We had the dealer and factory guys adjust it on several occasions but it would still come open. I finally adjusted it myself. The adjustment is a combination of adjusting the top and bottom hinge. When it is adjusted the door will stay closed. It was tedious and a matter of trial and error. The adjust it loosen the screw (we had one screw holding each hinge). Once the screw is loose then you can either bump the top or bottom to move the hinge. Once you have it set tighten the screws and you should be in business. We also got a TV hold-down strap and put in over the top when we travel to keep the door from vibrating open. It did vibrate open several times even with it locked. Hope this helps.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We have had the same problem on our Landmark. We had the dealer and factory guys adjust it on several occasions but it would still come open. I finally adjusted it myself. The adjustment is a combination of adjusting the top and bottom hinge. When it is adjusted the door will stay closed. It was tedious and a matter of trial and error. The adjust it loosen the screw (we had one screw holding each hinge). Once the screw is loose then you can either bump the top or bottom to move the hinge. Once you have it set tighten the screws and you should be in business. We also got a TV hold-down strap and put in over the top when we travel to keep the door from vibrating open. It did vibrate open several times even with it locked. Hope this helps.

My 3055 came with a shower door lock.

jbeletti

My 3055 came with a shower door lock.

As did the classic Landmarks. Contributing factors: The radius door is really heavy and the lock is plastic. Add some nice road vibrations and "it happens". Lucky for me in 3 years of travel, mine never came open.

Happy camping y'all.

Jim

DSC04399.jpg

2005 Landmark Mt. Rushmore (more pics)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What I was trying to say is our shower door does have a plastic lock on it to keep it closed but if the hinge gets loose it will fall open even with the plastic lock. After it fell off one time (luckily it didn't break) we put the tv strap on the top of the door. That is our safety strap to keep it from falling off again. So far it has worked. We did find out though if you tighten the strap too much if will throw the door out of adjustment. So now we just make the strap snug not tight.

Princess Kathleen

Well our door fell off while I was trying to get out.....went down to the dollar store and bought a shower curtain...works just fine. We had had problems opening and shutting the door before it fell off

pk