Toilet install

Routemaster

Hi Guys.
Just bought a Dometic 320 toilet so before I start will the blue pipe bend over to fit the 320? Any one done this mod, we have a Thetford in the trailer now.
Den.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes I only needed a little bit of bend so i just heated the pex up with a heat gun. If you need more you can use a couple of 90° elbows.
Did you get the 320 with the spay nozzle. Definitely a must in my book. It really works good for cleaning the toilet and rinsing down stubborn toilet paper from time to time.

35d54782c2c68fa32cf053e5301ba71b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Yes I did buy the one with the spray. I thought about putting a PEX Flair It tap ( would they fit the blue pipe) in the line so as to be able to turn off the water there rather than outside turn off.
Thanks.
Den.

RoadJunkie

While you’re on this project, definitely put a shutoff valve on the supply line in the bathroom, Really comes in handy.

MCTalley

I put a shutoff and a couple 90's in my line when we switched to the 320. The cutoff is very handy when servicing the toilet seal.

SLO

The Dometic may have a different standoff distance (distance from center of flange to wall) than the Thetford. If it’s less that’s good. If it’s more then maybe not so good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
3a7fc94ff3f5725b4b29e9db210b9784.jpg

This is ours with a Sharkbite 90* and a Sharkbite cutoff valve added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Just like Travel Tiger I used a Sharkbite shut off valve but then transitioned into a standard house connection hose. Looped it around for the perfect fit.

Replaced my 310 this past week as the foot peddle broke off.

Bought the less expensive non-sprayer version and moved the vacuum breaker/sprayer over from the old unit.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We’re not replacing our 310 toilet, but are putting new flooring down in the bathroom. Does the toilet use a standard wax ring under it or is it just a rubber gasket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrz

Just like Travel Tiger I used a Sharkbite shut off valve but then transitioned into a standard house connection hose. Looped it around for the perfect fit.

Replaced my 310 this past week as the foot peddle broke off.

Bought the less expensive non-sprayer version and moved the vacuum breaker/sprayer over from the old unit.

So, 1/2" Shark Bite fittings fit the 1/2" Pex pipe?

Routemaster

I just have our 320 Dometic toilet to install and it will not fit in the space the Thetford dimensions from the back of toilet is 8 1/2ins to the bolt down holes and the Dometic is 10 3/4ins. Should I have to buy a different flange?

SLO

I just have our 320 Dometic toilet to install and it will not fit in the space the Thetford dimensions from the back of toilet is 8 1/2ins to the bolt down holes and the Dometic is 10 3/4ins. Should I have to buy a different flange?

You have the same upgrade I did on mine. Switched Thetford toilet for a 320. I don’t think my roughin dimensions were the same as you quoted. There was about an inch difference in the wall to toilet bolt dimensions on mine. I went behind the wall in the basement and cut the 3” toilet line. Glued up a 22 1/2° ABS fitting and a 22 1/2° street ABS fitting and a new SS closet flange. Attached this to the existing 3” ABS line which I just cut with a no-hub coupler. This gave me about an 1” offset. I wouldn’t suggest a offset closet flange, that is a last resort fix.

Routemaster

You have the same upgrade I did on mine. Switched Thetford toilet for a 320. I don’t think my roughin dimensions were the same as you quoted. There was about an inch difference in the wall to toilet bolt dimensions on mine. I went behind the wall in the basement and cut the 3” toilet line. Glued up a 22 1/2° ABS fitting and a 22 1/2° street ABS fitting and a new SS closet flange. Attached this to the existing 3” ABS line which I just cut with a no-hub coupler. This gave me about an 1” offset. I wouldn’t suggest a offset closet flange, that is a last resort fix.

Thanks Rick.
I will check it out.
Den.