Water Pump Switch(es)

I have a water pump switch at the bedroom/bath sink location and another in the toilet closet. Unclear why these are in these locations? Especially the bath sink. There is not one at the kitchen sink.

I mistakenly hit these every so often and wonder why they are where they are. I would think that even on non-city connection that just opening the faucet would initiate the pump to come on - why the switches to activate the pump??

I do understand (I think) that the other switch at the docking station is there to help with winterization etc.

Appreciate making a dumb guy smater.

Thanks

jbeletti

Hi Jack,

You are a lucky man with your "classic" Landmark. We used to but no longer install all of those pump switches.

The reason we had so many on the classic Landmarks was convenience. When you are dry camping or just on the road and need to flush the toilet or wash your hands, it's nice to have a pump switch close by. When in the kitchen, use the pump switch on the white monitor panel. I do not believe we have ever had one in the UDC but that would have been really handy.

That all said, the 2008 and later Landmarks are different than your classic Landmark. Some things went away, other new features were added. One of the changes was all of the extra pump switch locations were removed. So just one pump switch now - on the white monitor panel.

Hope that helps explain things for you. I have a soft spot for the classic Landmarks as I owned one for 3 seasons and I have a lot of friends that RV and full-time in theirs.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I fell into this pre-owned one without much shopping around. Did know the Heartland brand name.
I'll tell you, I love this Landmark. Give me a couple of years and it will be another Landmark - no looking/comparing.

Appreciate your continual help.

davebennington

Hootonjack,

I also have a "Classic Landmark Golden Gate" we really like it too. There is a pump switch in the UDC and it is quite useful. I think julie and I both like the older Landmark better than the new ones, maybe we are just used to it and how everything works now that it is broke in really good like a pair of old shoes or jeans.

Good luck with your coach.

Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
we feel the same way about our classic 2005 Classic Mt. Rushmore.We like it alot better than the newer models. I found that the pump switch in the bathroom and beside the sink in the bedroom were turned on accidently on a regular basis so I took the wires loose.We do have a switch on the white moniter panel and in the udc.

jbeletti

Love the 2 awnings Terry. I sit corrected on the pump switch in the UDC on the classic LMs. How soon I forget on a unit I liked alot. Especially the 2005 Landmark Terry! That is what I had :(

Yes - the new LMs are different. And I do love my Pinehurst! :)

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

It seems that the owners and past owners of the Classic Landmarks love them over the new Landmarks because of the features they have. Why not re-implement the older features back into the new ones. I bet if there was a vote on the Classics over the newer ones the Classics would win hands down.

jbeletti

I can answer this one Tom. Here is the New Landmark story as best as I know it.

Landmark nearly went extinct when sales went flat in the 2007 MY (model year) time-frame. Dealers were not re-ordering because they just could no longer move them in numbers of any significance.

My sense is that at that price point, Heartland, Mobile Suites and others satisfied the pent-up demand and thereafter - things flattened out.

Heartland is more of a volume producer (albeit not HUGE volume like the real big boys) and we do not build opens - we build to PO only. That said, when things flattened out, we had a hard time holding production on but a few Landmarks a month. For a volume producer, the cost to carry and store the inventory for such low numbers for an entire product line are very high.

Dealers told us they felt they could sell units if we could bring the cost way down. We looked at it and ended up re-inventing Landmark. Some features went away, other features were added and some products used were changed to other brands etc. The result was about a $10,000 reduction in MSRP.

This change turned out to be what would sell in today's market. Sales for Landmark remain strong. This is how I understand the change occurred.

So while today's Landmark is fitted out at a level that represents our top-of-the line, for classic Landmark owners, many still prefer theirs. And I totally get that. For new Landmark owners, especially those coming from another Heartland product, it's a great upgrade path and a really great unit and value.

As many things I miss from my classic 2005 Landmark Mt. Rushmore, I has just as many that I really like in my 2009 Landmark Pinehurst.

Not trying to offend anyone with this reply. Especially my pal Tom. Just trying to help everyone who reads this thread to better understand why the 2008 MY and later is different from the 2005-2007 MY units that I refer to as "classics".

Thanks everyone for understanding and for your support of Heartland, no matter what model or year you own. You are all equal in our eyes.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

I do not think you offended anyone and this is the first time I have seen an explanation this good explaining the differences between the Classics and present day Landmarks. While I still cannot understand why some things that made the Heartlands (Landmarks in particular) different from all others were omitted or drastically changed I still think Heartland is one great company.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Jim, We love the 2 awnings,especially at the beach.If we ever buy a new unit it will have both.I agree with Tom. Don't think any one was offended by your response Jim,glad for the explaination.We looked at a new Landmark at Camping World in Statesville,N.C. a few months ago(the dealer we bought our Landmark from no longer carries them),anyway I can't remember the model.It was very nice but there was not enough difference between it and ours to trade. I did notice there was a difference in price compared to what we paid for ours.We just decided to quit looking and keep what we have.The way things are with my job right now,(I may not have one soon)probably a good thing we did not step out on that limb.