too many coaxial connections

I am so confused. I have a 2020 Cyclone HD 4005 toy hauler.
In the (driver's side) the storage door has a separate compartment which houses the water source switch, the water system flush, the outside shower and 5 count them 5 coaxial connections. Granted, this baby came with 4 tv's, but is causing me brain overload. We are trying to make sure we know as much as we can prior to our maiden voyage next week. Here is the issue. We are parked in our back yard and ran a coaxial cable from our OTA to the rig. No matter what connection I use, it does not work. I'm starting to figure that it must be cable or satellite to work and we have neither. Can anyone confirm? Also, there are 4 connections across the top of this panel and then there is one lone connection near the bottom of the panel. There is also a switch next to that one lone connection that seems to operate nothing. I wish I had taken a label maker to my orientation to label this stuff. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Molly Gallo

danemayer

The lone coax connector is for Cable TV. The 4 in a row are for satellite. It's actually 2 pairs of connectors. One of each pair goes to the roof so you can install a Winegard Trav'ler. The other goes to either the bedroom or living room.

When using Cable TV, the signal booster inside the coach must be OFF. When using over the air antenna, the signal booster must be ON. The signal booster is typically a wall plate with one or two coax connectors, a small push/push button, and an LED light. It's probably in your living room or bedroom. On some rigs it's in the bedroom closet.

mlpeloquin

Note that inside my Big Horn, I have two connections for the living room TV. One is from the antenna and the other is from the external RF connector. In the bedroom, there are two RF connectors. One from the antenna and the other from the external RF connector. So if you are set up for the antenna/external cable, Then you have to move the inside coax to the external coax feed to get the signal. Then input the RF coax to your satellite receiver. I have set up a RF switch and splitter to in the bedroom to not have to change the coax connection. All I have to do is slide the RF switch to the desired input. In the living room with two RF connectors, the outside feed, second RF connector, goes to my satellite dish receiver and the antenna/external cable to the RF input of the TV. If using the antenna, use the amplifier by making sure the red LED is on. If using the external cable connection, make sure the amplifier is off, no red led lit.

david-steph2018

On our Road Warrior there is a diagram on the door. Once you open the compartment door I had to look up, and there was the diagram. Look and see if there is one on your door.

If not the 4 connections on our Road Warrior was as follows:
2 for roof satelitte dish and one for bedroom tv and one for living room tv. I just looked and it is like this:
#1 bedrrom tv
#2 LBN 2 roof coil
#3 LBN 1 roof coil
#4 TV#1 living room tv

Bottom coxial is for cable tv hookup
Switch in our is for water pump

Oh yes get a label maker. If your unit was like our almost none of the switches were labeled. And I would bet there is no 2 units wired alike. In our control box inside, only one of the interior lights were labeled. In the garage none of the light switches were labeled, just bed lift and awning switches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I recommend getting a label make and label everything as you figure it our. Cuz if your like me 6 months from now you'll have already forgotten what each one was for.