Flooring torn

Gbrvers

While extending slides, the roller under fridge snagged the vinyl floor and ripped it. A screw under the roller bracket came loose and backed out enough to catch the floor. You can't see this screw unless the slide is extended and you look from outside behind the seal. Has anyone had this problem? It looks like it will be a big job to repair the floor. Seem to be a lot of screws coming loose for a new unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piperflyer

Hopefully it truly is only a screw and not a broken slide roller. Heartland has had a problem with rollers breaking and causing the vinyl flooring to tare when the rollers try to roll over the broken piece of roller.
I contacted Heartland and they sent me new vinyl flooring to match at my expense. My warranty ran out two weeks before it happened. I hired a floor guy to install the piece that was torn when my rollers broke and he did a great job matching the torn piece.

I had the same problem on my last coach, a 2011 3450TS Big Country, a screw came out of roller, roller not broke, and tore the flooring, it didn’t affect the underlay.
My coach was still under warranty and Heartland paid and my dealer replaced the whole floor, not a patch job.
My dealer did a great job, if not for some quarter round trim, you would never know it was replaced.
Contact Heartland about the problem

Hockster