Mice in Ceiling

ronbro

Purchased a 2011 Bighorn 3610re last spring but never used the air conditioning till this year. When I turn it on I get a snow fall of Styrofoam insulation. Took a vacuum and small hose attachment that went in about 3 ft and sucked out a lot at one location including a dead mouse and a pile of cat food. Went to all vents and applied vacuum but did not get a lot more.
My Cats have got lots of mice outside, but never found or caught one inside. No sign of mice in trailer this spring when I opened up so trailer is fairly tight.
Problems:
1) How to clean out the rest of the venting tunnels in the ceiling??
2) not a lot of room to get a std mouse trap up there for winter. Options?? Can't use the mouse poison as I do have cats and the poison seeds may get into trailer.
3) can the mice get into ceiling cavity from floor area or have they come in from Roof Mounted Air Conditioner??

I'm in New Norway, Alberta area so getting ready to close up for winter. Anything I can do to ward off mice, other than the bounce sheets and those sound emitters (have 2), other tips ??

Thanks
Ronald

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The best thing I have found is Fresh Cab. It is non toxic to your cats/dogs. Place it in areas that you think rodents might enter.

Fresh Cab Link to Amazon...

BC

BarbandFrank

The best thing I have found is Fresh Cab. It is non toxic to your cats/dogs. Place it in areas that you think rodents might enter.

Fresh Cab Link to Amazon...

BC

Same here - we use Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent in our rig - we place the packets in the basement, under the kitchen and bathroom sinks and anywhere else you think mice can find their way in.

We purchase it from Amazon.

Good luck.

NP_Chief

FWIW... The wife seen an article yesterday that says the regular Irish Spring soap deters bugs and rodents. Not sure if it'll work but, she's at the Wal-Mart this morning and we are gonna give it a try.

CoveredWagon

FWIW... The wife seen an article yesterday that says the regular Irish Spring soap deters bugs and rodents. Not sure if it'll work but, she's at the Wal-Mart this morning and we are gonna give it a try.

Our daughter tried this in her camper. Said the mice chewed on it. Hey I'm just pass,g on what she said. Essential oils are suppose to be the best thing. I've sprayed the frame of our rig with Mouse Proof, (look it up).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our daughter tried this in her camper. Said the mice chewed on it. Hey I'm just pass,g on what she said. Essential oils are suppose to be the best thing. I've sprayed the frame of our rig with Mouse Proof, (look it up).

Do you mean MouseFree? Been using it for several years. Spray it on once a year. At the start of our summer season, I paint some on the water hose and the power cord above the ground to keep things from crawling up them. Those 90 day deterrent products are useless if you can’t replace them when they expire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NP_Chief

On a positive not... At least they will have fresh breath.

CDN

B and B
Original Bounce Sheets, Irish Spring Original and Essential Peppermint Oil are the best. Spraying the frame with mouse free works for some. I have found some winters are worse than others. I store on asphalt lot now and still have some. I sealed every hole up underneath, don't forget the Hydraulic ram piston holes, they are pretty big, maybe stainless wash pads here.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator: