ronbro

Has anyone cleaned the ducting for:
1) furnace heat
2) air conditioning ducting in ceiling?

thanks
ROn
2012 Bighorn 3610

sengli

Well the duct work for the furnace, is usually a flexible type so it would be pretty hard to clean it, w/o removing it from the RV. As for the AC ducting, its a foam core, so I guess you could run some type of brush through there. I know for a fact that our AC duct work constantly squirts foam balls and saw dust.

ronbro

I have had a mice intrusion last fall and they got into the Air conditioning ducts. Seams they were storing cat food up there for the 2 weeks I was away. Sucked two vacuum bags of cat food out. Now trying to figure out a way to clean the ducts. Suggestion was to use dryer flexible tubing and connect to one of the duct openings and vent to outside. Close all others except for one with duct tape and blow from the remaining open one. Just not sure how much air pressure to use. ie: use shop vac an blower set up or use leaf blower-gently.
Concern is mice feces still in ducts.
I did rig up a flexible tube to my built in vacuum and apply to each access point, going into ducts about a meter each to get as much as possible.
any helpful ideas appreciated
Ron

sengli

The only thing that comes to mind are you could call one of those outfits that has specialized duct cleaning equipment, and see what they could do for you.

Or on the opposite end of the spectrum, you could use a leaf blower and do what you can, and clean up the mess afterwards.